67 Typhoon rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first middleweight rat. ...better pics to come when it gets warmer.

I'm still looking for a beater b6 tank. The bars are flipped English 'North Road' and the bag is vintage Raleigh. The fork took a bit of grinding to fit the wheel and the truss rods got some grinding and bending as did the lamp bracket.

Thanks to jmpier for the Typhoon, magic rat for the truss and Hooch for the drum wheel.

3192557742_1323c266e6_b.jpg

3191711745_ac1f318746_b.jpg

3192558610_0db6c08458_b.jpg

before...
3192555610_bb993799ba.jpg

larger images located here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericdifate ... 447598427/

You may call it "rat" but i call it BEAUTIFUL !!!

Careful if you find a tank, the bars might dent it up flipped, would still look super nice even with dents though :D

CCR said:
...would still look super nice even with dents though :D
Agreed! I'd like to find a ratty chrome tank for it so it matches. The fenders are a bit beat up and I took a hammer to the back of the lamp to get it to clear the stem (use to be a bullet shape).

tank should be here this week. 8)

...what do you guys think about adding an engine? I was thinking about one of those little 2 stroke 80cc jobs.

the kits are fun , put they have lots of problems out of the box . like you should replace all the studs with hardened bolts , make your own gasket for the intake and throw the one that comes with it in a lake with the chain that comes with it and buy a new 41 chain from rural king. ..... but they are fun

I figured as much. I was also looking at those 4 stroke motors but I hate the cover on the non-drive side and the plate they mount on. And the 2 strokes are just so small looking.

I'd get something like this for a tank and mount it behind the seat - LINK

the 2 strokes look "at home" in a sting-ray , just have to get smaller count sprocket for the rear to go the same speed as the typhoon, or leave the 44 it comes with and have a wheelie poppin good time

After a bit of research I've decided against the motor. I have enough motorcycles that I don't need a bicycle with an unreliable engine. Plus I live in an urban area just off a busy 6 lane street so there's no where I can ride it with out getting hassled.
So, instead I'm building a wheel with a SA 3spd coaster and making a custom shifter. ...pics to come. 8)

Back