'72 Schwinn Fair Lady: All done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
You can catch all the pics here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/72-schwinn-fair-lady-restoration.85597/page-2

fQDFut.jpg

Coolest girl in the city there! She looks very happy and the bike looks awesome!

She looks like she's lovin it, you did a great job on the bike. I've not seen one of those chrome wire frames for the basket before, I need to pick one of those up for my gran-daughters.

She looks like she's lovin it, you did a great job on the bike. I've not seen one of those chrome wire frames for the basket before, I need to pick one of those up for my gran-daughters.
I found this one on Ebay. But a word of warning, they are designed to work with a special Schwinn basket like the one I have. They are the right height to hold the basket on the rack, and have handles so she can take it off and carry it. I had a yellow and white basket I got off Ebay, a NOS Schwinn, but designed to attach to the bars with straps. That basket didn't fit in the rack. So, it took me a while, but I found the right type basket, and got it in the rainbow color she wanted. Neither were cheap, but she's worth it.

Here's a combo that needs some work. But not a bad price for both.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196...l-Sting-Ray-/121725658899?hash=item1c576a2713

I found this one on Ebay. But a word of warning, they are designed to work with a special Schwinn basket like the one I have. They are the right height to hold the basket on the rack, and have handles so she can take it off and carry it. I had a yellow and white basket I got off Ebay, a NOS Schwinn, but designed to attach to the bars with straps. That basket didn't fit in the rack. So, it took me a while, but I found the right type basket, and got it in the rainbow color she wanted. Neither were cheap, but she's worth it.

Here's a combo that needs some work. But not a bad price for both.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196...l-Sting-Ray-/121725658899?hash=item1c576a2713
Thanks for the info I've never seen these before, I showed my wife and she said she remembered them from when she was little. I might be thinking about getting one, Thanks

By the look of that ear to ear grin you did a great job ![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very cool, your daughter and mine basically have the same bike. Her's is a 73. Hope she's having a blast, real nice job on it too. Looks brand new!

A small update. At 7 she still may have been a little small for the bike, but Dad was too excited to wait till 8. So, I bought a Pixie sissy and seat post so I could dump the seat all the way down. As you'll see in the video her riding position is a little awkward (legs are too bent) because she has to figure out how to lean the bike to get it started. Since she doesn't do that well I have the seat lower to help her get it started. So here's the bike as it sits and a video of her first ride on it. When she gets some inches on her I'll swap the originals back on. But until then it's all training on brakes, gears and fun riding. (and before anyone freaks out, we're going to our LBS tomorrow to get her a better fitting helmet)

pxMnem.jpg

fLhQ0h.jpg

That is AWESOME! She for sure has the coolest bike in the city!

Great job man. That's gotta make ya feel good to have your kids loving the hobby right along side of ya.

Back