$79 Bargain

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Ratters- I accidentally found this at the Walmart website. I've been admiring this frame the past two years, so when I saw this sale, I bought two!
k2-_4c583dde-5a09-4a56-87dc-e6a0b1292f8f.v1.jpg

I have the coaster brake version, still getting it sorted out to get it to fit - it is "tall".:cool:

Wow, that's really cheap. I had this idea of using a Worksman frame and something ridiculously oversized....

Please update on the quality when you get them!

I kinda dig that slant, and think maybe I can nestle a seat down in that notch. They get delivered today, so soon I can update on the quality. It'll be weird working with no rust.

Finished assembly. Kept the chain guard on for now. There is a big ugly bracket holding the front of the guard, and it's attached by the bearing cup pressing it onto the bottom bracket. I'll have to pound out the bearing cup to slip the ugly bracket off sometime. The frame has a few minor blemishes, but I ride rats, so no biggee. It's finished in a metallic gray, which looks great. Removed two stickers and the head badge.
Negatives: cheap V-brakes, cables and fittings
Positives: frame design, paint, red trim, Shimano 7-speed derailleur, and it should be easy to motorize.
Overall, I'd say I got way more than my money's worth.
Have a photo, but can't seem to upload it. I'll try later when I have more time.
20160409_083223_resized_zpsjytjp1m9.jpg

Found the time.

Last edited:
If the top tubes were horizontal I'd have already bought one, but the rear slanting bars bug me.

Now if there were a half dozen or so more degrees of rake to the steering head, and a few more inches of fork legs, and a king/queen seat, and a sissy bar with a fox tail hanging on it, and big/little tires,... :crazy::rofl:

Back