80's Schwinn Cruiser 5 DELUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought this today in Wichita...which is about 3 hours from Lawrence but it was worth it! I've been wanting a cruiser 5 for awhile now so I'm super excited about this find.Its in pretty good condition, the decals are a little rough and the cranks are pretty rusty, I think it will look great after a polish and some wax. It looks all original other than the tires (Cheng shin) some of the cables, the bottle cage, and the bell...but what makes it for me is the springer and double drums. There aren't any schwinn bolts on the springer but it seems aged the same as the bike and it is better quality than reproductions I've seen so I think it's real.
I think I'll fix this one up and ride it around for a while before I sell it... Or maybe not sell it. :)

Cool find! :D That's really clean :wink: Can't wait to see some after pictures :mrgreen:

Very cool. I have never seen double drums from the factory. Maybe a dealer upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nice man! Id keep it. Ive been looking for one for a while now which no luck. I mean I find 'em but when I do most think they have a Mint Schwinn Phantom 4 sale. :x

I love the ride you get on those bikes!

Yep...very cool...watch the chaingaurd when you wash it...sometimes the white paint goes WOOSH! when water hits it.

ilikebikes said:
Nice man! Id keep it. Ive been looking for one for a while now which no luck. I mean I find 'em but when I do most think they have a Mint Schwinn Phantom 4 sale. :x
The guy I bought it from thought it was from 1969 , I just went along with it because I didn't want to argue. And it wasn't cheap...I ended up getting him down to $200, which I feel is still a great deal.

That's a great bike. Is the front wheel on backwards? I think the pull should be on the other side.

If you ever decide to look up the serial number for the year, let us know. I'm intrigued by these Cruiser 5's. I'm almost tempted to take the back wheel off one of my Schwinn Tandems and lace it to an S-2 for one of my Balloon frames. :shock:

KickBackCycles said:
ilikebikes said:
The guy I bought it from thought it was from 1969 , I just went along with it because I didn't want to argue. And it wasn't cheap...I ended up getting him down to $200, which I feel is still a great deal.

Great find....that's gonna be mint with some detail work. 8)

Back