A Lucky Beer Run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had spent about an hour this morning riding around my neighborhood, searching for yard sales, garage sales, or as they like to call them around here, tag sales, trying to find that sweet deal on an old bike. I even had my backpack with pump, lube, and wrenches, in case I needed them to help bring a bike home. I passed several different sales, but could see from my rolling vantage point that the only bikes were newer children's bikes. Feeling disappointed, I headed home, but then decided to go back out on my original SpaceLiner with my bookbag empty to get a 12-pack to help me enjoy the rest of my lazy Saturday off from work. Halfway up New Street to the corner store, there were three rusty old bikes parked in the shade of a big tree, with cardboard "FREE" signs taped to the handlebars... I think I left a skid mark when I slammed on my coaster brake. Turned out to be an Iverson 10-speed (i'm guessing from the 70's) that was in a very sorry state, a Columbia 3-speed (shimano) also in a pretty sorry state, and a Hercules 3-speed (S/A) that looked good enough to bring home. After I grabbed my beer I stopped on the way back to tow the Hercules on its flat wheels alongside my SpaceLiner back to my apartment. Before I brought it inside I brought the camera out for a few shots:
2577793569_a52e12b327.jpg

2578626380_b386298a73.jpg

2577794211_6ffc0497e6.jpg

I am not sure what I am going to do with it, so for now, it goes into the basement storage cubicle, with all the other parts-bikes, projects, and extras:
2578629824_021a77d710.jpg

Also included in there is this All-Pro 10-speed that I got a while back at goodwill for $20, at the time thinking just for parts, but now I am thinking I might do something with it, after seeing some other people here doing something with All-Pro's. Who would have thought they were that popular? :lol:
2577793181_e4ac90e5dc.jpg

I think I left a skid mark when I slammed on my coaster brake.

Was that on the street or in your fruit o' the looms? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Sorry, I could'nt resist! LOL

You hauled back the beer and the bike in the same trip? Well done.

Back