A manly Ratbike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious. Some of you may have seen the pic's of the '58 Huffy Eldorado I got yesterday. After day #2, I'm really liking it a lot! I just came back from the garage and was cleaning and greasing the wheel bearings. I've had visions of a beautiful restore and also visions of a '58 RATBIKE. My problem is it's a girls bike :( . How many men ride "girl ratbikes? Would that be blasphemy :lol:

from what i hear it is manditory now for every builder to do a girl's bike so there you go :mrgreen:

I ride girls bikes just to make sure they're tight for when girls ride them.

Let's ask the worlds most interesting man.

bonds1.jpg

No.

back when i was 8 or 9 (only 17 now) i was given a 1967 something bike (not schwinn) had bananna seat and all, only problem was it was a girls bike. evan had rose decales on it ( part of the deal was i could have the bike if i kept them on) man i loved that bike why did i ever trash it :x

the only reason why there called "girls" frames in the first place is because more girls in dresses and skirts rode them than guys in kilts.

bicycles are for everybody :D

Take a look at my Snake Farm bike (the build post, specifically) for one approach to this.

One issue more subtle is that women's frames are usually smaller frames than mens, so even if you get past the styling, you still have a smallish frame. Given that a lot of these cruisers were on the small side to begin with, that can be an issue. I really couldn't ride that blue snake farm bike in its original condition, knees were going into the handlebars.

Two words....
BIG apes 8)

just do this an it will be alright. make it a Burrito. simple. no one will ever know. my free spirit was a girls bike an ya wouldn't know it now. go for it.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES060.jpg

see, now does that make ya feel better. a real bad butt girls bike.lol

Outlaw

I've been a member of the "I ride girls bikes" since 2006....I think I started a thread like this along time ago. It's a great looking bike! I would hold onto it and cruise it!

Latest posts

Back