About to commit sacrilege.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With the prices of Monark "Train" lights going through the roof why hasn't anybody done a repop version? I know, I know purists will say...."Death the the infidel!". But at this point, I need about 3 of them for projects, and just can't justify spending a hundred a pop for the train, and then another $64 to $100 for the guts. And then another $20+ for the lens. Someday, I will get the originals, by hook or crook, but in the mean time, I'd like something.
I'm not trying to pass off fake parts as real, I just want something to put on the projects while I save for the real deal. I realize that those of you who "invested" in the original part have a vested interest in keeping supply low and demand high....but don't we all have an obligation to try to get bikes off project stands and on the streets?? The more bikes people see, the less likely they are to trash them at the dump.
Not trying to preach here, just curious.....anybody out there know a source for repops??? Or better still, a couple of original parts? Thanks

I think if it was considered a sacrilege , they would have repop batwing lights and the such.
I remember when I was lots younger we use to make molds in junior high and pour things
out of melted aluminum. Its a shame you don't have one to copy. I doubt that it would
be too hard . Fiberglass would probably be easier. I think that Schwinn has them on newer
bikes they produce.

They have already been reproduced. At one time Memory Lane had them for sale. If they don't have them then the guys at Chestnut Hollow may, but get out yer wallet.

Back