BO15 After Victory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy 4th all. We are having a big thunder storm this evening .
Fireworks for everyone , brought to you by the big man upstairs .
start.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to look at your cup as half full when the other half is filled with coffee grinds . This is the list of items that need redone .
1) Take apart both hubs to replace rear axle and file both 5/8" axles to fit fork and dropouts .
2)Remove light to drill and tap rear hole that the factory forgot about .
3) Extend and cut the threads on the girls truss rods to make them suitable for a men's bike .
4) Replace kickstand arm for a better fit .
5) Paint some items that were left out on the first go around .

Guess it's time to make a fresh pot of coffee ?

g519 ph 1.jpg

But I'm digging it so far. I like the Seabee twist on the military bike aesthetic ! Gonna be cool.
A Seabee lieutenant tried to recruit me a few years back, little did he know I'm deathly afraid of deep water. And told him I was a conscientious objector lost interest in me after that :21:.

Sweet badge!

The WW2 Seabees Transfers dated 1942 came in to incorporate in a center tank plate , down the road ? The Construction Battalion is another history lesson that I won't get into here , but the new paint scheme is a navy gray in place of Olive Drab .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Seabee...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
View attachment 124498

View attachment 124497

Just stumbled onto this navy gray finish due to your pelican reference. So I explored your thread and found the Seabee decal. My Navy time was spent in the Seabees. Great experience, I’ve thought numerous times about doing a Seabees theme bike. Now you’ve done set my mind into action. I’ll be interested to see your final product.

I love this build and the history and thought you put into it! My grandfather was a Seabee out of Quonset, RI. Adding the dog tags is such a lovely touch.

Latest posts

Back