Age of Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a project bike, it's a Western Flyer (Not Roadmaster) with the 6 star sprocket, found serial number p-52352 on the bike. Does anyone know how I could find the age of this bike???? :?:

my best guess is late 50's to mid 60's? Maybe someone else has a better idea...

2828490497_7ef6fc3ae8_b.jpg

what does the rear hub say ? id guess late 60s-70s, but thats a guess. i might be able to narrow it down if i new what rear hub it had on it

speedysangel said:
Speedy said the rear brakes said "bendex" before he took it apart, if that helps. Thnx everyone for the help.

does it have a red stripe around the hub ? or say anything else stamped on the coaster brake arm ?

if it is the one in the photo, or like it it is an AMF which is actually what happened to Cleveland Welding when they went belly up. AMF bought them and Colson Evans and continued making bikes. I'm guessing late '60's.
Scott 8)

Thnx for the advice everyone.. 8) Nearest we can tell from the parts it's a mid to late 50's through the 60's ...Speedy's starting to think that parts were changed out back then cuz it seems to have parts for all different decades.

Back