Airman motorbike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got my 48 buick running again and i decided to turn my attention to my airman (monark)

my goal is to get people in to these chinese whizzer motors and start a board style motorbicycle gang.

here is how it started
IMG_0159.jpg

here it is today

pho1to.jpg

photo.jpg

schwinn bars
old school specialized road bike stem
higgins beehive
higgins midweight cranks
felt tires
new alloy rimz!
not pictured
80cc chinese motor
troxel deep sprung saddle

i have to fab up a tank to fit in the rails. we'lll see how that goes

next is to fab up a better seat position, install motor and tweak the fork a little for better action - anyone have shouldered bolts and shackles for this fork?

here we go! shes a bit more complete now - it runs and rides pretty well - the next step is teardown and paint

DSC_0069Medium.jpg

DSC_0070Medium-1.jpg

this pic shows the "boost bottle" made out of a surplus oxygen tank
DSC_0071Medium.jpg

and a close up of the mount!
DSC_0065.jpg

im still a bit on the fence about the seat - i have one on my whizzer but this might be too much of a good thing. i have a few seats that could have some potential but its going to take some fab. the other thing is making a tank to fit in the rails. either fiber glass or metal, its going to be tough.

i have a few color combos in mind - i just have to find the right rattle cans.. we shall see.

love the bike not so much the seat it just looks out of place. love the front motor mount doing away with those chessy clamps they have stock. nice what color are you going with it? and will it be at billetproof antioch?

yea maybe a pan like what the modern bobbers are running so you could sit back on it like a banana seat

karfer67 said:
love the bike not so much the seat it just looks out of place. love the front motor mount doing away with those chessy clamps they have stock. nice what color are you going with it? and will it be at billetproof antioch?

as far as billet proof goes, prob not. ive always wanted to go to that show, i just cant justify the 8 hr drive in a vintage car.

not quite sure what color to go with, ive had some different thoughts about the direction to go.
dark blue with creme accents
yellow with burgundy accents
metal flake silver with a bright red front

thought about forrest green with black...
i hate orange.
gray would be to HD.
black is played out.

i have lots of these colors!
DSC_0006.jpg

but i dont want to repeat myself.

as far as the seat goes, i thought about the pan, im just not really satisfied with my own plans. i just cant get it right. i know the banana sits me in the right place.

but mark my words, when i come up with it, im going to give the same treatment to my whizzer
DSC_0072Medium.jpg

although, i like it a little better on the whizzer

i dont know if thisll help but itd put you back farther (especially with an old 90 post)....
DSC00004.jpg

only thing id do other than what garvey did is make some mounting bosses that go to the stays since that wheels gonna be close to the guys and spinning rather fast :shock:

man that is a sexy bike i still remember after he had bought all the stuff from me and put it on. he brought it in in mock up with no paint and he wanted to paint it. i said heck no you can't and that was the end result. stunning bike still takes my breath away

Back