alternative to new paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, although not excatly ratty, i thought i´d show my mountainbike transformation, i have this old mtb, its a good frame, but it looks like crap, scratches and torn decals all over - so i decided to do something about it.
100_2940-Kopi.jpg

so i started by stripping it down, and the washing the frame and removing the old decals
100_2954.jpg

then i applied a camouflage film that i had a colleague print for me, its weather resistant ink on self adhesive film, so it should last a while.. hit i recon the tough/moist danish weather conditions will test that soon :)
100_2955.jpg

100_2956.jpg

100_2957.jpg

its pretty easy to apply, but you have to do it slowly to get all the wrinkles and air out of it..

finished result
100_2958.jpg

only thing is now i wont be able to find the dang thing if i leave it during a trip in the forrest :D

regards
Flemming

That turned out realy cool! Just a suggestion but the front forks would be right on painted cast iron grey. Do post pics when you get it bck together.

the bike is back together - i use it as my commuter bike during the winter - we have had lots of snow and ice, and i just mounted the ice spike tires :D those things are NICE... so i´ll leave the bike with the snow on in the shed( freezing cold in there) and in about a week or so i will know if the foil is holding up :)..if it does - you get pictures :)

reg
Flemming

Back