Am I Missing Something?????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm trying to get a newly aquired tandem going (thanks tlaing1) anyway the only real problem is the chain tensioner doesn't sit tight. It's a bolt through a pulley with a square block and a nut on the other side. I'm assuming the block was threaded at one time and the nut was added later (it was the wrong thread) I took the nut off but CAN NOT get the bolt out. I've tried using a puller to push the bolt out. I've pried prying on the pulley and slowly turning the bolt It just spins and spins and spins. I don't have the right size nut in stock and would like to get this thing going. I'm assuming that the square block on the inside was threaded at one time and is now stripped and I can't get the threads through it for one reason or another. If anyone can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

There's an auto parts store tool,I call them a nutcracker-not sure it's real name, looks like a micrometer, but instead of measuring your nut, you tighten it with a wrench and it literally cracks it. Super handy tool, I think it was $12.00 20 years ago, so it's probably 20-25 now.

Latest posts

Back