American Flyer 26"-last update6/15 FIRST RIDE EVER(since'08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: American Flyer 26"-last update 7/17

Ok, i recently bought a new chain breaker, which is why i stopped building this bike. I needed to build myself a new chain, but my old breaker broke.
I decided to take it out today for some pictures

Heres some mockup-ing
TEST001.jpg

Backend showing how i want the stance of the seat to be
TEST002.jpg

I think the delta is going to look amazing. I need to figure out how to mount it to the fork
TEST003.jpg

how the seat will probably be the easiest to mount

The planned crank setup
TEST004.jpg

Its from some mongoose thing.
TEST005.jpg

I need to get rid of the mongoose logo, but its god like...finger prints or something

Re: American Flyer 26"-last update 6/1

Remember this?

I sure do
Finally found the right cranks after i couldnt get the mongoose cranks off last july.

Bought an Eastern 3 Piece sprocket, covered in albe's stickers, from my friend. It may eventually need a new spindle since he told me they needed to be shaved, i believed him and had at them. He said the arms wouldnt go on, which they didnt. What i did never worked, i put the arm on the other side, it slipped on...took the other arm, and it also slipped on :roll:

But, this is being continued. The parts i need are as follows:
Spacers for sprocket/crank ETC.
Seat
The right chainguard
Maybe the right fenders
a lengthened KMC chain(i have that)
A new threadless stem
Maybe new bars

All i have left to do:
Fix the crank
Mount my light
Mount a seat
Ride

The bike needs another coat of paint, since its gotten beaten up since the last time i worked on it

That's looking awesome!

By the way... the springer on this bike (below)... was that sold off? I'm almost positive that the truss and spring are now riding on my Hawthorne cruiser, and if I'm not mistaken, the badly bent springer core is the same one sitting in my scrap pile minus the dropouts at the bottom. :shock:

bikes005.jpg

where did you get that headlight and about how much? been looking for one exactly like that for my chopper build. thanks much!

atomicclutch said:
where did you get that headlight and about how much? been looking for one exactly like that for my chopper build. thanks much!
I purchased it from crassly about a year ago...i have no idea how much i payed

Unchained said:
That's looking awesome!

By the way... the springer on this bike (below)... was that sold off? I'm almost positive that the truss and spring are now riding on my Hawthorne cruiser, and if I'm not mistaken, the badly bent springer core is the same one sitting in my scrap pile minus the dropouts at the bottom. :shock:
The springer is gone, sorry

EXPECT PICTURES WHEN IT CLEARS UP!

TheFlyingDingo said:
Unchained said:
That's looking awesome!

I thought so; what I mean is, I think I ended up with it and then sacrificed it so that my other springer could live.

Unchained said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
Unchained said:
That's looking awesome!

I thought so; what I mean is, I think I ended up with it and then sacrificed it so that my other springer could live.
i think i sold it to crassly....

i unno

Ohmygosh

this thing is the best riding bike i have ever ridden

its all over the road a bit, but hey, What can you do?
Im assuming its the bearings, i havnt greased them or tightend them

But, its the first time i have ever ridden this bike

Im extremely excited to get the steer tube cut down to the right size, get the right seat...
Paint the crank

i dont know, i love this bike
IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

Back