American Flyer 26"-last update6/15 FIRST RIDE EVER(since'08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: American Flyer 26"-last update 4/11

lurker said:
How bout getting some alloy bar ends, and clamping them to the top part of the fork legs for handlebars?I reckon it would look pretty sweet, and different!
Well thats new
ill have to at least see that

I think he means something similar to what KennyP did with the supertanker, only using some bar ends, instead of IV Pole clamps (Kenny works at a hospital)
See below:
100_1064.jpg

took the bike outside today since boardtrack fan is coming over to cut the forks for me
Sorry...apparently im too lazy to flip alot of these pictures
camera-gate287.jpg

camera-gate288.jpg

Still looks good

heres some problem parts...but add character to the frame...lol
camera-gate289.jpg

camera-gate290.jpg

camera-gate291.jpg

Heres the man who ruined the tires....kind of
camera-gate292.jpg

maddogrider said:
maybe you could use a black sharpie on troys name just color over it.)

When looking at the logo on the tires:

You could make the "T" and the "r" flow together into a "F", overpaint the "o" to an "l", the "y" is already there, and the spacing for all the other letters are just about right for "Flying Dingo" tires, minus some scratch at the very end. You could probably stencil the whole thing out in Photoshop using the letters from the original logo.

GodHatesCleveland said:
maddogrider said:
maybe you could use a black sharpie on troys name just color over it.)

When looking at the logo on the tires:

You could make the "T" and the "r" flow together into a "F", overpaint the "o" to an "l", the "y" is already there, and the spacing for all the other letters are just about right for "Flying Dingo" tires, minus some scratch at the very end. You could probably stencil the whole thing out in Photoshop using the letters from the original logo.
Very creative...

But...Im lost where the t and the r flow together

wow cool flyingdingo tires thats cool. Dude how long did you stare at that picture before you thought of that? I think thats cool your brain cells work pretty good. 8)

I knew a guy who was friends with this other guy who had a brother-in-law that made Flying dingo tires but, I lost his number! :lol: I think we need to lobby felt into making redline tires without giant dayglow green signatures.

But...Im lost where the t and the r flow together

Just spray over the vertical part of the "r" with green paint and lengthen the horizontal part with black paint until it connects to the "T"
fdtirezy1.th.jpg

With a pic taken dead-on and not at an angle all you'd have to do with the remaining letters is cut & paste them in photoshop. I'm trying to remember the brand name but last time I was in Home Depot they had a spray paint specially formulated for plastic, I wonder if it would work on rubber too..............

your brain cells work pretty good
I tried to tell my boss that today and he didn't believe me.

camera-gate317.jpg

Heres a very bad "Teaser" photo

Im cleaning the basement right now, apparently the water heater is leaking so i had to move my stuff away from it.

Better pictures later

ABANDON SHIP! SCHWINNS AND STRAIGHTBARS FIRST! Coll looking bike.

Re: American Flyer 26"-last update 4/23

Well, i got the fork on right. All i have left to do is paint the chainguard(maybe) and the sprocket and put it all on
SHould get it done tonight

Re: American Flyer 26"-last update 4/23

Allmost done...
Gotta put the crank on right...Then paint the chainguard(black? or the color of the frame?)
Find a darn chain, Figure out a seat, move the steer tube down on the fork and then order some BRAND NEW parts...when i get money
camera-gate324.jpg

Back