And in the autumn too.. '73 Batavus runner-Venom women

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a help from a friend,I got myself a '73 batavus runner.

DSC00444.jpg

The bike was in a good condition butt I repainted some small parts(restoring work) and I added some.the brass part on the headlight i fixed it with small silver nits,the horn down the wheel was an old horn that i rebuilt and painted,the speedometer functions great and it's original.after all that the only thing that was missing was a brooks sadle.So with a bit of luck she got a brooks b66 standard in a very good condition butt with a small bar of the frame was cut.so i welded it and now its looks and feels great.Soon she got some leather handlebars also.

DSC00447.jpg

These bikes were used for the city police made by D.C.R (De Central Rijwielhandel) from Rotterdam.

Fund through a lot of Swiss bikes,I found a Swiss Venom bike that has a hollandish curved frame and handlebars.

4134982659_763787d243_b.jpg

The bike had some extra red paint on it that was making it look "gipsy".I removed the carrier so it can see the rear fender with the wholes made by me and a new shine.the bell got a mushroom look,so it matches with the red on the bike.I liked the original olive green very much.Added a new headlight,and I modified the Sturmey Archer adding a small engraved brass plate so now it doesn't have the plastic sport look.

P1100536.jpg

And there she is with the name of "Venus"

P1100532.jpg

Back