And now I wait.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a welder! It's on back order :roll: . That's ok. I've got other bikes to keep me busy!

Chop, chop, chopping soon though!

I know money is tight these days, but with welders, you really get what you pay for. I bought a Lincoln back in 1995, and still use it once a week. I can still get liners for it, tensioners and any part I need.

HF models are a pain to get parts for, 2 years later. Without Argon, you get cold welds, spatter and not as strong as you do with a MIG set up......

As I said, I know money is an issue and as much as I like to keep stuff low-budge, some tools I spend the green on, to preserve my investment, years later.

I also use a HF welder....I know there are alot of great welders out there and if I welded full time I would spend the money.I have put my 100 HF special to work and it takes a little practice gettin used to flux core instead of gas sheiled but it is great for bikes.A little more clean up but plenty of heat and I havnt had one fail yet.Just remember have fun and get creative 8) :mrgreen:

I have been a "production" welder for 35 years now..and for "bang for the buck" and fun at home welders .. Harbor Freight is just fine...i use one in my garage weekly..enjoy it and get creative..can't wait to see what you "sculpt" with it.. enjoy !!! :D

chimichanga said:
jackdaw said:
Yeah? Well thanks.
don't think i'm putting you down for getting a harbor freight welder. Just wondering if you searched for other welders. Also please post when you get it and when you start welding something up! :D

Thanks for the clarification, I'm not defensive or anything! :lol:
I looked in our local buy-sell magazine and they were all big welders with big price tags.
I can't wait, I've got a chopper about half built in my brain right now.

I too have a HF flux core welder, works fine for a cheap welder. One word of advice though get the extended warenty!

Back