Another 1962 JC Higgins Saved

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at a local bike shop yesterday, as I was driving by I saw ten or more Higgin's sitting out front. I had to grab this one as I have always been a sucker for chrome bikes. I need to replace the saddle and maybe find a rear fender, (not sure if I want fenders or not on it). Also I have to put the rear rack back together. But the good thing is the the front headlight lens is still there and not cracked and the rear rack reflectors are both there and not broken. Also need to put new pedals on it. A little spit and polish and it sould be good to go. I still has the original Sears Allstate white wall tires on it. I thought it was a good deal for $80.00 bucks. It will go well with the other three Flightliners I have. The shop owher bought a collection of 20 Higgins from somebody and kept a few for himself and is selling the rest. I might have to go back on Monday and grab another that caught my eye. My 1961 Higgins was the first cruiser bike I bought.
003-2.jpg

Good thing you didnt list a location on your profile, somebody might be tempted to call all the bike shops in your area to find your stash!! Great bike. Enjoy!

heyslugger said:
Good thing you didnt list a location on your profile, somebody might be tempted to call all the bike shops in your area to find your stash!! Great bike. Enjoy!
I looked for it as well LOL

Back