Another CCM Double Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out on Saturday at our neighborhood garage sales and bought a seat for a bike. I was talking to the old guy about old bikes and he said he sold all his old ones. When I was about to leave another neighbor came over and asked if I wanted an old bike. He takes me to his shed and pulled out this bike. It was repainted a few years back. He found it in the garbage dump. It was as I found it. It is a 1937 CCM Cleveland double bar, with 28" wheels. The rear hub is the earlier 1926 Hercules scripted hub. These hubs are rare. I have only seen 1 other on a CCM. The bike also has the rare Gibson aluminum pedals with the Gibson printed in the rubber. Triplex crank and it is not worn loose. I rode it around today and it rides great. It is my 2nd CCM double bar bike in 1 month.
DSC02599.jpg

The tires are clinchers. They are a new style road bike tiremaybe continentals. I have to look tomorrow. Original style tires are still availabe here. Thei is the CCM Pastime bike I got a few weeks back. Almost the same as the Cleveland.
DSC02593.jpg

Back