Another great weekend Haul, 41 Mercury & others

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
another great weekend for hauling bikes home. I wish every weekend was like this.
1941 mercury pacemaker
55]
191855.jpg
[/url]
Schwinn Admiral
192155.jpg
[/url]
Huffy dial your ride Plus Parts
192420.jpg
[/url]
Elgin Motobike 28"
[
192611.jpg
[/url]

Re: Another great weekend Haul

wow man, you really can dig up teh gems.. :shock:

that pacemaker is waaayyy too sweet!

Ohio is now passed up Hooch's Iowa as a place for great bikes. Those Mercury's are a favorite of mine.

You wish every weekend was like that??? Finds like that once a year would be great, and you already have finds like that more often than that :lol:

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I have to move to the midwest. It seems like vintage bike heaven.
I hope to find bikes like that in a life time let alone a weekend.
Great finds.

looks like it might be to late..

I'd just let Nate find them all and wait until he runs out of room. Then he'd sell some to me :D

p.s. I don't mean to act as if I know Nate..because I don't. But we're part of the same brotherhood. Though my part doesn't have bikes as nice as his. Not yet anyway!

cman said:
Ohio is now passed up Hooch's Iowa as a place for great bikes. Those Mercury's are a favorite of mine.
The Merc is one of my favorites now too. Ive never seen one in person until I got a hold of this one and now it racks right up there with my bluebird.

Wow you are realy finding great pices now the blue bird has a friend :wink:

rico said:
Yeah the bluebird was getting lonely since it got cold outside and I cant ride it anymore figured I would get it a Friend.

npence said:
rico said:
Yeah the bluebird was getting lonely since it got cold outside and I cant ride it anymore figured I would get it a Friend.

NICE :lol:

Stay out of my county or else!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nice haul Nate!

SimpleMan said:
Stay out of my county or else!!!!!!!!!!!

They came from right down the road from you. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nice haul Nate!

wow u da man those r sum of the best bikes built :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ohio IS the most amazing state when it comes to interesting, rare antique finds. I collect odd old cars and I've found some amazing pieces here. I found within the past year and a half three Elgin Bluebirds, two I came to own and the other I am working on owning.

I live in Youngstown where the steel mills were once a very profitable area to work. Many wealthy folk lived here in 1920s-1960s and when the steel mills went away so did the wealthy people - leaving behind their gems.

I haven't found all of my collection of cars in Ohio, but most I have. I am always looking..knocking on doors, leaving notes, driving aimlessly searching for something hidden in a back yard. Sometimes you get calls back, other times it isn't ever for sale. But you get lucky sometimes.. just keep your eye on the ball.

Back