Another intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've lurked here for a long time, I finally registered but used to visit without logging in and lost my account... :oops: :roll:

Anyway, after a long time looking for a decent donor bike in the UK (not easy!) I decided to just go with whatever I could get in the name of practice, I've ended up with an aluminium supermarket special! Build thread to follow soon...(don't get too excited)

As for the other stuff: I'm predominantly a Mountain Biker, but I ride a fully rigid MTB with flats, tried suspension etc but I've reverted back!

Umm...30 years old, office job, silly beard. That's about it really. Great site, love the community feel and hope to be more a part of it with this account.

Tim.

Thanks man, 'Must try harder' lol! Should be a lot more active this time around: Today I've acquired, stripped, cleaned and started sanding my donor and decided on a colour scheme!

Seriously though, the stuff you guys do leaves me in awe, always a pleasure to see. Cannot get enough of this site.

Peace,

Tim.

yeah I'm here every day, it's addictive, here's a little of my own eye candy to inspire you

P2070474.jpg

and here's my headlight on it

P2080516.jpg

Sweet! There's A guy on ebay selling two 7" headlight carcasses with lenses...seriously tempted, perfect for an LED conversion, failing that, I have 4" Dynamos rescued from my childhood which I'll convert instead.

I was going to go LED and Battery but my step-brother (who also welds...good contact!) suggested keeping the dynamo and putting a rechargable in-line, that way the reduced drain of the LEDs should keep the lights on even when you stop...I'm tempted.

Just thought I'd chime in again...I started this current project about a week ago, it's probably my first build in 15 years-ish?!

Within that week I've got another free donor from a mate who wants his bike fixing so he can start riding again, fixed next-door's kid's bikes and got them into riding, been asked to fix up a bike for my step-brother...who just happens to weld professionally :wink: And ultimately; tinkered about outside instead of sitting on my PC all night...man I missed this hobby!

Back