Another newbie.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Frank and I live in Warren Michigan. I bought my wife a Felt Patchwork cruiser last year and she loves it so much I decided to buy myself a cruiser. In the last few months i searched online for dozens of hours and Google kept sending me to threads on this site. Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on a Felt Glassell and I'm already itching for some mods. So I'll probably be posting questions here and there as I pursue my new obsession. Thanks for what I've already found to be an excellent source for information!!

Here's my new baby:
6y7unudy.jpg

I'm back!! I know what you're thinking...who the heck are you? I'm the guy who posted this introduction 2 years ago and then disappeared. It turns out the Felt Glassell was pretty much perfect for me. So I changed the grips, added a hub cleaner and big chrome bell and started cruising. All the while I was thinking about when I was going to start a custom bike project.

I thought I would like a fat tire bike so I picked up a Sun Spider AT last winter. Put some fresh pedal, grips and handlebars with a cargo basket and it was done. Now what? Early spring I spotted a Felt MP on craigslist and picked that up. Swapped the black Quick Bricks with cream tires and that one was done. Hmm. Then low and behold a 2011 Felt New Belgium Anniversary cruiser came up for sale. It was beautiful...and I love me some New Belgium Rampant...so I picked it up. I replaced the grips and added a half dozen New Belgium accessories and it's turned out to be my new favorite.

Now the garage was getting full so it was time to make space. I decided the Sun Spider was my least favorite so it went up on craigslist. Much to my surprise I was offered a trade- an Electra Hellbetty tandem for my Spider!! It was beautiful!! So I took the trade. (So much for making space).

Still looking for a project, last week I came across a Felt El Guapo Monster edition...new in box!! I've always been intrigued by the El Guapo, but I've never understood the Monster infatuation. However this guy took this bike in on trade for some work and he wasn't looking to get much out of it. I hit the ATM and picked this one up. Now just to make sure I wasn't going to assemble this thing and keep it stock forever (like the last several bikes) I assembled the bike, took it for a spin, then promptly took it down in my basement and stripped the frame. I peeled off the Monster badge and it's ready for sandblasing and powder coating. The plans are to have the frame, fork tubes, and chain guard powder coated with a yet to be decided color. Also I would like a bent seat post, different grips and nicer chainring. I'm thinking about powder coating the wheels and probably would like to add a 3 speed hub with a shifter.

I've got lots of plans so this should fun. Hopefully I'll get this project done by spring.

Frank,
Welcome to the world of constant upgrading for the perfect ride. I love Dynos and Felts. PM if you need help and i can tell you what I have done. Enjoy..... Ron

I hear those FELT MP's are something to behold. I know a fella here whos been lookin for one god since forever.

Im glad you made it back to the site. Im new as of August, myself.
I cant wait to see some photos of your collection, and oncoming project/s!

FZ

Back