another Schwinn 8/16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the day off, so a rummaging I go. $5 complete with the much sought-after leopard skin sidewalls. :D

DSCN1071.jpg

Re: Varsity - another Schwinn 6/18

I found this one last weekend. We were going down a county highway and I saw some bikes for sale at a semi-abandoned looking farmhouse.

DSCN1112.jpg

Nice find! Seem's like summer's sprouting alot of Schwinn's! :wink:
L8 EM

CCR said:
looks like a ?Traveler? maybe ??

It's an American...here are some more pics. Nobody was home when I was looking at it so I left the $15 asking price in the screen door. There were some kittens wandering around too. I didn't tell my wife about that until we were down the road a ways.
DSCN1113.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

that is a cool bike/ with locking fork.
Clean that up and ride like the wind.

Nice Find! I love the color too. Man, being new to this bike building this is hard... I just can't seem to find the bikes like you guys do and for the prices you find them for! I've been running around looking for a relaxed diamond frame bike like the Racer, Varsity, or Collegiate but I either can't find them or people are trying to sell them for way too much.

But again congrats on your find! If anyone has suggestions on finding good frames in Sacramento holler at me!

ZAMN said:
... I just can't seem to find the bikes like you guys do and for the prices you find them for!

ive found my best stuff when i wasnt really looking, wait long enough and youll get lucky

CCR said:
ZAMN said:
... I just can't seem to find the bikes like you guys do and for the prices you find them for!

ive found my best stuff when i wasnt really looking, wait long enough and youll get lucky

CCR's right. It kind of goes in streaks for me. I got two more at the church rummage today.

Schwinn Traveler
DSCN1124-1.jpg

Murray "dirt bike" in need of a banana seat.

DSCN1123-1.jpg

Re: another Schwinn updated 8/16

A recent rummage sale find. This is after I washed 'er up with soap and water. The SA hub was so dry that the chain wouldn't even move. I'm making progress. She'll be rollin' soon.

DSCN1269.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

Back