ANY IDEAS TO WHAT COLOR TO PAINT THIS TANK??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOWDY IM LOOKING FOR SOME IDEAS ON WHAT COLOR TO PAINT THE TANK ON THIS BIKE IM GOING TO ADD ORANGE YELLOWISH FLAMES TO THE TANK ANY IDEAS WHAT COLOR WOULD GO WELL WITH THE PAINT WORK ON THE REST OF THE BIKE THERES A LINK BELOW TO THE FLAMES TO SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE PLEASE EXCUSE ALL THE CAPITALS
WINTER001.jpg

http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_inf ... c2e0a89c5d

thanks but i dont think blue would work with red and white maybe black metel flake or white metal flake

schwinnmesa said:
If I were you, I'd totally leave the tank alone. Just my opinion though...

Yeah, I guess it comes down to where you're from. Here, out west, finding a bike that complete is somewhat rare, and they fetch a fair price even in that condition. If I had it i'd clean it up very well, not repaint it, and find some newer cantilever knockoff to chop up. Obviously it comes down to personal preference, but being a numbers guy, I'd sell the bike for profit and use the money to make a couple or three rats.

...I didnt realize Blurple had a name. I think thats the color of my moms Electra, good color, super cool for a custom.

GodHatesCleveland said:
A couple shades lighter of whatever color you paint the frame.......
im just painting the tank i dont think im going to paint the frame

Just my .2 cents worth but if you paint the tank I'd paint the rest of the bike. Otherwise I'd just polish the paint and leave it allone. If you paint just the tank it will look out of place.

OK, i'll go: How about painting the tank a super big flaked silver and then do red scallops with black pin striping. I think it would be very spacey, and fitting of the tank. But you'll wanna be careful to match the scallops to the red of the frame.

thanks for everones ideas i think im going to go with white metel flake it matches the on the columia chain guard and it with match the white electra tires im going to get for it when i can afford the tires grace and peace micah

Back