Anyone else here from The Bay Area?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

I heard from one or two other people here that live in or near San Jose. Our weather is starting to look brighter and I was hoping a bunch of us can get together for rides here in the Bay Area on these beautiful Saturdays coming our way. My favorite ride is 'Ferry Building to the Marina' in San Fran. One place I'd love to see a bunch of rat bikes roll through is Monterey near the seaside.

So how about it folks? I'd love to see a few of the bikes here in person! Please feel free introduce yourself in this thread so we can all meet each other.

I'll even let you ride the Witch Hunter when we hook up

043-1.jpg

I've just been riding the different park trails, but have thought about taking a ride through different (flat) parts of SF. The issue w/riding in SF is that I have a 2.5 year old that I always rides with us. This entails either bringing a trailer for him or having him ride in his own seat on one of my newer cruisers. I would prefer to take one of my vintage cruisers with a trailer attached, but that might not be feasible in SF due to the space restrictions in the streets and SF being so urban.

So far, we've hit the Lark Ave (Los Gatos) trail to and around Vasona and in/around Almaden Lake Park to south towards the reservoir. Both trails run for a few miles, with the Campbell-Los Gatos-Vasona trail being very busy with other peds and cyclers.

I wouldn't mind meeting up for a cruise. We normally do it on a Saturday.

I was also thinking about a ride in GG Park. That place is a mecca for bikes and they close the streets for them

Hey Guys, I'm out in the East Bay near downtown Walnut Creek. I ride bikes almost every day on the iron horse trail around here. It's mostly flat and perfect for cruisers. I think it would be very cool to meet up for a Saturday ride in San Francisco or some where else. At the moment I'm a little backed up on work and won't have a free weekend probably until May or so. By then I hope to have my swing bike done and ready for a ride. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13245

Like Gold Street Customs said they do a ride once a month on a Sunday in SF. Here's a link for the craigslist advertisement http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/1122671678.html . It looks like they get a pretty big turnout, but Sundays just don't work for me.

Thanks for the Craigslist link kram...I'll be going to the April 26 ride. Sounds like a blast.

Man, that April 26th ride sounds awsome! I'm in the process of moving residences by about a mile. Hopefully, if I'm done moving by then, I'll plan to go.

Hey bikesntrikes let's hook up for that one. I'll buy the first round after the ride.

We ride every Sunday night in San Jose. We start at 8pm from West Coast Cigars to Downtown SJ (Weather permitting) join us if you can. ~Ride safe - and remember - Smoking Cigars is NOT a Crime!

Gold Street Customs said:
They have a Krate bike ride once a month I believe in San Fran, I will post some info when I find it again, As for myself I grew up in Hayward.

Would that be Beto Lopez and his classic Pedal days ? I have been wanting to do that one for a long time..he has them all on youtube under classic pedal days..looks like a ton of fun.

voodoo curse said:
Hey folks!

I heard from one or two other people here that live in or near San Jose. Our weather is starting to look brighter and I was hoping a bunch of us can get together for rides here in the Bay Area on these beautiful Saturdays coming our way. My favorite ride is 'Ferry Building to the Marina' in San Fran. One place I'd love to see a bunch of rat bikes roll through is Monterey near the seaside.

So how about it folks? I'd love to see a few of the bikes here in person! Please feel free introduce yourself in this thread so we can all meet each other.

I'll even let you ride the Witch Hunter when we hook up

043-1.jpg

I have always wanted to do something in the Santa Cruz area..but Monterey would really be cool too.

Back