Anyone else planning for BOTEN (RRBBO#10) yet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all! This is my first visit in about a month. I'm back in Alaska, building new pipeline on the North Slope.

I assume I'll throw in at some point, but I have no ideas whatsoever which build, what frame, what name, etc. I guess I'll see what I feel like when I get home, and back in the shop.

Welcome back. I think you should make some custom rims from cross sections of the pipeline.

I'm finally going to join the build off after over 6 years on the forum. I haven't been much of a contributor to this forum since my first daughter was born in 2011, but this build off will get me motivated to build a bike again. May 1st is my daughter's 4th birthday so it's a good time to have her wrench with me as well. :)

Looking forward to steal...I mean be motivated by other member's ideas.:praise:

My new tool arrived today, I'll be using it for my build.

image.jpg

1 WEEK TO GO! :113:
Yes, I've been cobbling parts together. I believe I have 90% of the parts I need. The rest will be fabricated. Starting with a bike I bought from crash during the WBO and the featured parts in the picture below. I have some figuring to do with that but the plan is all written down. Aside from the upcoming build I have a MX bike I've been tinkering with to keep me occupied. Also picked up an AMF Royal Master that my girlfriend has fallen in love with and trying to tune that up as well.
0424150104.jpg

Only one week before we can GIT TO BUILDIN!
I wonder when my buddy Jake is going to show up.

I have a dumb cycle truck frame that I cant get rid of, tried building it last year but simply did not have the time. I have several 24'' frames, early 1950's. I want to build the cycle truck to be able to hold A BABY SEAT ON THE FRONT PLATFORM (My wife and I had a baby) Or use a 24'' frame, find an old schwinn trike rear end and build a trike to haul said baby. Either way, I'll be paonting all the metal high gloss black, and the wooden part on the platforms of the trike or Cycle truck will be a nice, elegant stain.

Anyway, I have all parts necessry, have 2 brooks saddles lying around, handlebars, I just need some tires and some 24'' rims.

I picked up this cool tank last week.. I'm even thinkin about going motorized this year!
ce657359b82496286dd2af2fe2c94fd0.jpg

63def6647a128fd1ace0869110aeb357.jpg
I like this tank, but is the scale good for a bicycle? Hard to tell in the stand alone picture.

I like this tank, but is the scale good for a bicycle? Hard to tell in the stand alone picture.
Yeah i understand what you mean but if it's too wide there's always a way to make it narrower[emoji6]
There are also some dents in it but i havent decided yet if i'm going for a rat look or not[emoji16]

I'll post a pic when it's on the frame asap. Still searching for an engine too so i cant say how its gonna look now..

Latest posts

Back