Anyone ever own a Dyno Taboo Tiki before?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently became aware of an extremely rare limited edition Dyno Taboo Tiki cruiser when scrolling through eBay. I think It's a very interesting design and I've only seen it in the form of pictures on the internet. As some of you may know I am a huge Dyno cruiser fan. It doesn't have the 24x3 26x2.125 tire combo I like but it's still a very cool and rare Dyno. Here's what it looks like in original condition. The ordainment on the front fender is a green tiki that glows when the headlight is turned on.

Dyno%20Taboo%20Tiki_zpsntmiqec0.jpg

I always liked the taboo tiki, I remember the bike shops at the beach having them on the floor.

I think the Tiki's and Moon Eyes are the two most rare models. I've never actually seen a completely in-tact Tiki.

I have a Tiki frame with tank, guard, forks, crank, and fenders.

Sadily no. I wish it was. It's just a pick of one that proabably still has an owner. It's an image I found on Google.

TheDude; I love the mooneyes to. I was thinking of building a replica mooneyes using a deuce frame. I found out that mooneyes.com sells moon wheel disks for 26 bike wheels for $90 a piece (basically $360 for 4) problem is it's hard to find the dyno superslick tires the mooneyes used.

I saved my Taboo Tiki from a guy who was going to repaint it! :eek:

It didn't come with all of it's original parts so I didn't mind customising it, with some Electra hibiscus tread whitewalls and some ape hanger bars. Great bike and now owned by a friend and looked after. :thumbsup:
bikepics019.jpg

pinup4.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I have one. Just found out how rare it is the other month. Glad I didn't sell it. Hahaha

Back