ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your post implying? That I copied something? This is hand drawn from a picture of a bike.

Thanks for the link though, getting lots of traffic.

I just happend to be on Etsy looking at a non bike related posters and stumbled across your print.

That bike has become iconic around here so I figured folks here would recognize it.

You should get some good traffic...this site averages about 60,000 different people visiting per month. :mrgreen:

Well thank you, sorry if I came off rude, I was reading other people's comments and just wanted to chime in. We love rat rods, my husband especially. Thank you for the post!

To me it looks more like a Photoshop effect that was used on not just "a picture from a bike" but directly from petrohead's bike and his pic.

I sure hope he is okay with you selling something he initially designed.

amyn22 said:
What is your post implying? That I copied something? This is hand drawn from a picture of a bike.

Is it just me, or is it coincidence this "artist" joined the forum today, after the thread was started?

amyn22 said:

Hand drawn? LOL. I just "hand drew" the black image below using the posterizing tool in Photoshop. –took a whole five seconds and it matches your orange image perfectly. Amazing!

22589.jpg

That is classic Tater. But she might have wasted her time actually drawing it instead of doing it your way, that way you can justify the price. If you did it in 5 second in photoshop you cannot charge that much. :mrgreen:

Daddyar said:
Is it just me, or is it coincidence this "artist" joined the forum today, after the thread was started?

I think she probably noticed a spike in traffic and followed the trail to the source. :wink:

I burned out after 10 months at the Art Institue. Shame.... I had a 3.9. But I learned one thing that still sticks with me. You do whatever you hafta do to get the job done! So if you can either hand draw or photoshop a picture in a few seconds, and sell it at a profit........ You are a success. Job done!

Floyd said:
I burned out after 10 months at the Art Institue. Shame.... I had a 3.9. But I learned one thing that still sticks with me. You do whatever you hafta do to get the job done! So if you can either hand draw or photoshop a picture in a few seconds, and sell it at a profit........ You are a success. Job done!

I agree with what you are saying. What we have here is someone claiming to have hand drawn an image that clearly was not. The image presented is pixel for pixel the same an image produced using a Photoshop tool. That image is not even a tracing. No one is that good or motivated hand draw anything pix for pix.

It just sort of rubs me the wrong way when someone such as this “artist” pops in and attempts to insult the collective intelligence of this forum. 8)

Tater said:
It just sort of rubs me the wrong way when someone such as this “artist” pops in and attempts to insult the collective intelligence of this forum. 8)

+1

Once upon a time I could do things in Photoshop and nobody could understand the effects that were produced or just thought that the image was obviously a real photograph or hand made art, but nowadays everyone knows about Photoshop, the illusion is gone.

You can report them to etsy and have them investigated for fraud. And I hope you guys all think etsy is for girls and stay away, I bought a nos Diamond skiptooth chain and a nice prewar tank there.

Back