Arnie O'Rourke-1/1/48 -8/8/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arnie was a biking buddy of mine and half the team of Gary and Arnie.They would show up at swapmeets,
and rides.Arnie had the pickup truck for Gary's Schwinn Spoilers and Arnie's trusted Scotty.Arnie is the
guy walking across the field at their beloved Copake Swap (at 1.5 min mark)
http://www.copakeauction.com/bicycles/p ... _meet.html
His knees hurt but he loved to ride in his retirement with Gary down the trail,Cheshire to New Haven.
I joined them 3 years ago and with others founded the Achey Bones. Cruisers and beers at Fridays were
a staple but Arnie would struggle with a bad cup of coffee. Famous for starting a new topic of discussion
like shifting a car with a bad clutch,hold on tight . Happy as a single man in his own home with his
'85 Seville and that '63 Continental conv. needing tranmission work. He didn't build bikes,shoot,he didn't
know all about his Scotty but he loved to get out and ride. Although fit and trim Arnie lost his battle
with cancer Wednesday,leaving a sister, good buddies and a sport he loved.

Re: Arnie O'Rouke-1/1/48 -8/8/12

bummer dude, he sounds like a cool old guy. Wish I had met him.

any relation to the O'Rourkes of Middletown? (the owners of the famous diner)

Thanks Ian. He never mentioned other family then a sister next door in Watertown.
He was fun to ride with. :(

Sorry for the loss of your friend Stevil. He sounded like a great guy :wink:
Take care,
Nick

Re: Arnie O'Rourke-12/31/47 -8/8/12

They called him a New Year's baby but come to find out it was a late nite in Dec. he was born.
Good tax write off for his dad. Arnie doing a recon ,checking out the best trails in Heaven. Hope
He let's Arnie wear his favorite red tank top shirt. Got us kicked outta of Duffy's WH. Ride On !

Back