Ashtabula Built Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a deal on this old trike and would like to know if anyone has other pics. Its an EZ Roll Regal BUT is not a Trailmate. According to Trailmate this tryke was built by a company called Ashtabula who made bike cranks and other things. The tryke was sold as a Sun tryke (not Miami Sun) and Trailmate eventually bought them out. I am looking for more pics of the Astabula built model. Note the seat frame. Its set up strictly for a mower seat. This one is getting a complete redo. I have most everything I need including tires and seat.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Here's something to get you started.....
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/ashtabula/
I love your trike; it's really got a simple, industrial, no-frills vibe going on. I wish i could tell you more about it...

Ashtabula made enough one-piece cranksets that some folks refer to one-piecers as "Ashtabula cranks", kinda like how some folks refer to all snotrags as "Kleenex". They also made some very well-regarded early BMX bits, such as stems and forged cranks.

Research shows its called an EZ Roll Traveler. I spotted this old girl on CL and its a 2 hr ride to get. The seller said 30 bucks its yours. I am going to ask him to check the rear rims and spokes If they are sloppy it isnt worth scrap. My other concern is how heay it is. I just sold a nice AMF tryke. Looked very nice but too heavy to pedal.

I can assure you, the trike in your pic above is gonna be incredibly heavy. It'd be mine for $30 if it were within easy driving distance to me, even if the wheels were junked. That machine has too much of a B.A. factor to not be worth $30...

Decided not to get. Not worth the 100 mile trip to bring home junk.

Back