back in rat 41 elgin (real mock up pics....honest)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the coments im sanding now. gonna leave some og paint and i like the rust pits. its a darn old bike why hide them

Sorry bout not doing up dates life drama. Nothing bad really just the usual stuff. I'm in the process of doing the tank but I'm also going to be moving soon so its gonna take time.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress. I moved back down to Sacramento so that put her on back burner. Now I'm moved so its full steam ahead. Got some frame mods to do so while I'm figuring that out I'm going to work on the tank. Always wanted to try a tear drop wood tank so why not?

As long as I don't screw it up it will be rad. But wood is not forgiving

Well a lot has been done since my last pathetic update. But unless crash is still willing to post pics its gonna be rough. Wheels were redone using a ....... set of air cooled hubs. I had to have hd spokes which required drilling the holes. A side note this is not for the faint of heart be ready to break tools. Rims I changed to some aftermarket flat rims that were wider. Also had em powder coated maroon. Frank was a huge help with the fork and really this bike would not be here without him letting me dive into his stash. So if someone can upload pics I can email em so all can see.

karfer67 said:
Well a lot has been done since my last pathetic update. But unless crash is still willing to post pics its gonna be rough. Wheels were redone using a beep set of air cooled hubs. I had to have hd spokes which required drilling the holes. A side note this is not for the faint of heart be ready to break tools. Rims I changed to some aftermarket flat rims that were wider. Also had em powder coated maroon. Frank was a huge help with the fork and really this bike would not be here without him letting me dive into his stash. So if someone can upload pics I can email em so all can see.

Here ya go, I'll post them [email protected]

Back