back in rat 41 elgin (real mock up pics....honest)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: speed ball (41elgin rat)

I don't either. But the more I look at it the more I just want it og paint. Sand clear, pinstripe done. Its crusty but the saying is true "paint is only original once. But especially the paint on the front is pushing it. Who knows

Actually it just hit me. I loved pay it back because of the clear polished steel. I think this would look nice like that. Ok time to rip it apart and get to work

Look up my build called pay it back. You will see

Pay It Back was a really good looking ride.

adamsbike013.jpg

Here's that build for whoever wants to see it... like me...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7503

What didn't I use? Once I got all the paint off I think I started at 600 and worked from there. Finish polish was done with different rubbing compound. Mine won't be this shiny I still have nightmares

Yea never again. This one will be nice but not that nice

I know I feel the same. Not to be awkward but group hug. As for speed ball I took it all apart last night and started removing paint. But I could not find my grinder to use my flapper wheel so I used my bench grinder with a wire wheel. It's getting there but I didn't want to take the easy way and have it blasted.

Re: back in rat 41 elgin (new name)

Changed the name cause speed ball really was a joke I had with a friend. I went with back in rat (think ac/dc) because really this bike is my first after taking a period of time off. I think its fitting

karfer67 said:
Changed the name cause speed ball really was a joke I had with a friend. I went with back in rat (think ac/dc) because really this bike is my first after taking a period of time off. I think its fitting

Jake would be proud!
Welcome back!

Sorry bout that. One super cool part of this frame is the headbadge. I personally have never seen one and since my last name is Copeland its fitting. Finally found my angle grinder and with a soft flapper wheel got to it. The pic does not show it much but a lot of the crusty is gone. I could have gone the easy way and had it blasted but anyone who knows me knows I never take the easy way. One I'm cheap and two its a rat so I actually want to keep some of its personality

Thanks buddy mine won't be nearly as Purdy as the stuff you been turning out. Still grinding and sanding but mmmm elgins look sweet in bare metal

Back