Back to the Backroads

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I build up this Fuji frame even though it's bent and see what happens?

• Darn tootin'. You only live once!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • That thing's junk, find another frame.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
That's a possibility. They did make hybrids with that style frame.
GT Windstream :inlove:
IMG_1641.JPG

Matti likes a lot

Neighbor has one hanging in his garage that hasn’t moved in 5 years. And it’s a large frame. One day it’ll be mine
Good to hear that I'm not the only one who takes inventory of what's in the neighborhood garages

This early '80s Centurion Accordo is available for $50 fairly close by. I might pick it up next weekend if it's still available. The only thing is I think it probably has 27" wheels and I want to run 700c.
1691202515741.png

1691202554437.png

I found this one nearby-ish for $150. Not sure what the difference is between Slipstream and Windstream.
View attachment 244888
I think it’s like airstream, slipstream, transeo

Steel, alum, disc

Or something like that. All made around 99 or 2000

Do Raleigh road bikes have the same issue with the Raleigh only threading? There's some cool old ones out there
I have a 12 speed Raleigh just like that in the stand now. I have torn it down and am planning to turn it into a city bike. I believe the BB threading is standard, but I can double check. If you’re really interested in it , let me know. We can work something out. Can send pics tomorrow. It is really pretty and looks like it was never ridden. tThe paint is chipping in a few spots though. Maybe they didn’t have great quality paint?

I have a 12 speed Raleigh just like that in the stand now. I have torn it down and am planning to turn it into a city bike. I believe the BB threading is standard, but I can double check. If you’re really interested in it , let me know. We can work something out. Can send pics tomorrow. It is really pretty and looks like it was never ridden. tThe paint is chipping in a few spots though. Maybe they didn’t have great quality paint?
That’s cool, I might be interested. Does it look like it could fit bigger tires? I think my rear is 700x38. Front is 43.

I found this one nearby-ish for $150. Not sure what the difference is between Slipstream and Windstream.
View attachment 244888
wind stream is what you smell when racing and the bloke in front has eaten currie the night before.
Slip stream is the Go fast method of racing, So maybe the slipstream version is a bit faster!...maybe...better gears etc....maybe! :21:

Here is what I have. Per my measurements it is a 59cm or 23in frame. Judging by your original pics it might be bigger than what you want?

My plan for today was to build it up as a city bike using the original 27 wheels and drivetrain. Replace the drop bars with touring bars add a rack and market it to the VCU students in Richmond as a city bike. I’ve got all the parts and am ready to go. However if you are interested, I can pause and do a more thorough inspection for you.

I have given it a quick sponge bath but haven’t detailed it yet. The paint appears to be chipping very easily. I think 700x38 tires will fit fine. I can test fit a set if you wish.

Let me know. I believe I paid $125ish for it.

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpeg
    IMG_3137.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3138.jpeg
    IMG_3138.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Here is what I have. Per my measurements it is a 59cm or 23in frame. Judging by your original pics it might be bigger than what you want?

My plan for today was to build it up as a city bike using the original 27 wheels and drivetrain. Replace the drop bars with touring bars add a rack and market it to the VCU students in Richmond as a city bike. I’ve got all the parts and am ready to go. However if you are interested, I can pause and do a more thorough inspection for you.

I have given it a quick sponge bath but haven’t detailed it yet. The paint appears to be chipping very easily. I think 700x38 tires will fit fine. I can test fit a set if you wish.

Let me know. I believe I paid $125ish for it.
Thanks twojs, that is a really nice looking frame. It's too big for me unfortunately. I ride somewhere in the 16-18" range usually. But I appreciate it. Enjoy the build, someone's going to love it!

Back