Bait shop find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was on vacation in fort myers beach this past christmas, I was stopping in a bait shop and found these two beach cruisers "for sale". Expecting to hear some outrageous price I reluctantly asked the store owner, he said he would sell em for 10 Bucks!!!! Anyway after swapping all the better condition components to the huffy, I ventured to a beach bike store to see if I could use some free air to fill up my innertubes. I was lookin around the store and found lots of sweet parts and rebuilt bikes. I ended up trading the owner the other bike I bought plus 10 bucks for some hanger bars!!! It worked out perfect for me because I could Only fit one bike in my car to bring home! So once I got home The overhaul started. I ended up using plastidip spray paint on the rims so they would be very durable. It worked great! I just have to do the chain gaurd and sear post clamp yet. This here are some pics!
The deal!!
1294789369.jpg

During
1294788778.jpg

Before paint
1294788658.jpg

all finished!
1294786077.jpg

1294786364.jpg

1294786205.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
Welcome , I love stuff thats cheap & fun, thats one reason I'm here.
+1...You'll be amazed at what you can do with junked bikes......Your FIRST RatRod! 8)

Cheap is right!! I normally build cars and chop up Honda cruisers which are way expensive! My only
Issue now is trying to bring back the fenders, I want em polished up but I think one of them is beyond repair:(

Im also in the process of making a cup holder (for beer obviously) out if an old oil filter and some hose clamps, gonna clamp it to the bars;)

Latest posts

Back