Banana seat cruiser kid's bike that used to be a Schwinn.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job !She is going to be stoked :mrgreen:

Looks great! :D I like the replacement piece of the clamp :shock: Great work :wink:

Peatbog said:
Flintstones's version of a photograph:

stickwelder.jpg

You should get her to continue to document the build this way!

I like your work,looks Great!!!!! :mrgreen:

wow your so called "not the best weld I have done" looks like mine a really good day. I wish I had a better system. What do you use MIG, TIG, STICK?

Keep up the good work, I might have to steal some of your ideas.

Hey Peatbog,

You've got some crazy welding skills!
I think you daughter is going to have the coolest bike on the block :D
Good luck with the build

man i want a welder..
and thanks, now i have the sudden urge to sand a frame bare.. :?

Wow...i have been a welder for the better part of 30 years..and been tinkering with aluminum at work for the past 2...you have some major skills there dude !! I am impressed !! I have an old Huffy "Cactus Flower" bicycle with a very similar frame, that a buddies wife really wants..so..i may have to try some of your tricks..can't wait to see this done..as i am sure your daughter is even more excited..great job !! :D

Peatbog: That chainguard is killer! Your fabricating skill are amazing, wish I could weld like that! I'll be watching this one! 8)

Very inspirational! I´m about to start building a bike for my wife, and you have some neat ideas on this bike. Too bad I can´t weld aluminium, or as great as you do, it would be very helpful for getting the chainguard I want... I´ll probably go with fibreglass.
Keep building, your going great!

Well judging for what I´ve seen, you wont have any problems with it.
I've done a couple of tanks and fenders with FGlass just for one reason... I don't have your metal working mad skills!

Totally ignoring that last comment, let me tell you that I have been thinking about your build for a long time last night and I think I´ll try fabricating the chainguard with sheet metal. So feel proud, you have inspired this RRB crazy member 8)

Peatbog said:
Hey, does anyone know where I can get 3/8-26 stainless steel (chrome would be okay) acorn nuts?

NHY_zMbKqD02xuAc2wondGz5WB3fGv_vH8qWS2vAO3OCveruVyoJyhmhLvetTOekSqRBfck6evxpY8GJaK21If3RpWoWFohiDGWknGyd5Xz3bv2twNfWOdNp8q2vekKYh1f_RFRVb68evP6CEh4GjM279brOdk_MZuPO4A=s90-c

Man this thing is lookin awesome! its very cool that your building you daughter a bike, ive built my girlfriend a few bikes now makes it priceless in their eyes :) ive used that blue on a banana seater I built for my neice it glitters in the sun :) but to answer your question about accorn nuts I know there hard to find but both my electras came with them maybe they sell em? keep up the good work and keep the updates comin!!!

Ty

Back