BARN FIND SKIPTOOTH ROADMASTER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this old skip tooth roadmaster in a friends barn. I ask him about it and he said take if you want it.

PreWarRoadMaster1.jpg

PreWarRoadMaster2.jpg

PreWarRoadMaster3.jpg

PreWarRoadMaster4.jpg

I had to disassmeble it to get it in the car. The wheels were bent but I had another set of NEW DEPARTURE wheels laying around but they were not skip tooth. I swapped the sprockets on the back wheel gave the chain a good shot of PB blaster and took it for a ride.

I am not sure what year it is but I am thinking early fifties maybe late fortys. Any help with the year? He said he has some more bikes in another barn so next time I am there I will check them out.

Find the serial numbers and post them. Looks like a Cleveland Welding frame and rms37 should be able to pinpoint the year with the numbers

cman said:
Find the serial numbers and post them. Looks like a Cleveland Welding frame and rms37 should be able to pinpoint the year with the numbers

Serial # J83338 536 It is located on the bottom bracket. The 6 is very faint but I can make it out. Hope somone can help.

What looks like a faint 6 is actually a large C with a small w in its mouth. Between 1952 and 1956 Cleveland Welding bicycles have a two digit serial number suffix followed by Cw. The two digits represent the year so 53Cw means your bike was made in 1953.

rms37 said:
What looks like a faint 6 is actually a large C with a small w in its mouth. Between 1952 and 1956 Cleveland Welding bicycles have a two digit serial number suffix followed by Cw. The two digits represent the year so 53Cw means your bike was made in 1953.

Thanks for the info. I thought the 53 might be the year.

i know where one is just like that sept its ridable and it all og. dude wants 250 for it, i was so tempted to get it.

Here is a pic of it with the newer wheels and a set of Otasco tires off another bike.

PreWarRoadMaster5.jpg

Back