BARTER IS ALIVE..BEST WEEKEND EVER FOR BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So this past weekend a customer of mine agreed to let me take his old Boat from his Dad's place because he never uses it and Dad wanted it gone. So..light bulb went off..FREE BOAT??? TARDE?? SELL???..get money for Bikes??? Yes..all the above. So I picked up the Boat...brought it home..listed it on the ol faithful CRAIGSLIST in the barter section. WILL TRADE BOAT FOR BIKES. Only good offer I got was a guy trading an ADULT MINI BIKE. I thought..OK...so I met him.made the trade and proceeded to list the Mini Bike..TARDE FOR BIKES. I then got a couple of guys looking at it. One guy had a 20" frame kids TRIKE I really wanted..another had a FAT TIRE SIKK cruiser. I have wanted one of those. So the trade for the trike fell through..so I worked out another deal for the trike..ended up with that..then the trade for the FAT BIKE worked out..and the photos below are the steps items that made the process happen. Photo 1..nasty boat...photos 2 Mini bike..photo 3 TRIKE..photo 4 FAT BIKE . And i know that bike has had some bad talk on here..well if you have the WALLY WORLD JUNK FAT BIKE..take a try at this one sometime. She is a nice riding..good bike. And for free..EVEN BETTER. So best weekend for me as far as finding bikes. Just doesnt happen in Arizona

Thanks Npb3!
I love getting deals on bikes too, and I love wheeling and dealing so had to say something! :wink:

Luke.

Edit: Was going to send you a pm, but for some reason you are missing the pm button, wanted to share a pic with you...

Way to go! :D

barter-kings.jpg

funny how a regular conversation one day can start this whole process. A customer happen to mention the boat..i kindly said i can help you..and away we go. Pretty cool. Things like this just dont happen to me

LukeTheJoker said:
Thanks Npb3!
I love getting deals on bikes too, and I love wheeling and dealing so had to say something! :wink:

Luke.

Edit: Was going to send you a pm, but for some reason you are missing the pm button, wanted to share a pic with you...

Luke..i figured out why the message button was gone. Some how I made it so I couldnt receive messages. I changed it so you can now. So send me a photo if you wish. Id love to see what ya got. I have to say it again..i love your bikes. wish i had that knowledge

Nice! If you were local I'd try to barter you out of the fat tire sikk cruiser. Has such a nicer flow to it that the Mongoose Beast and the colors are just Rat Rod through and threw. With they made whitewalls for a 26x4 rim.

Back