BBQ Lover?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just wondering if anyone on this site is a bbq nut like me? i lived in rochester NY when i was married, i came across this place called the dinosaur bbq...awesome, just awesome. i live in st. cloud florida (right outside of orlando) , we have quite a few mom and pop diners around here that serve bbq.

Just got back from Dickey's BBQ here in Dallas for lunch.

feature.jpg

Texas Monthly magazine did an entire issue a few months ago on the best BBQ joints in Texas.

I think the top 10 were all in small towns I had never even heard of and most of them were meat markets that had been around since the early 1900s. I think the best place was only open for like 5 hours on a Saturday from 8am until 1pm and the line to get in each week is HUGE.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/magazine/bbq

Ooooo I see a Memphis-Texas-Kansas City BBQ debate/argument coming.

for the record - The Martin City Smokestack on Holmes and 135th in South Kansas City, MO. There is no better.

Yeah...I think those three locations pretty much dominate the BBQ market.

Of course...you watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives enough and you'll see some killer BBQ places in the weirdest locations.

This place is supposed to be the best in Texas...

http://www.snowsbbq.com

I am a rib-oholic, whenever I go somewhere new I ask around for the best restaurant. My favorite place so far is in Indiana, Mr. Jim's steakhouse. I also like dry rub wings/ribs, but nothing compares to a sloppy sweet bbq sauce.

i froze my but off many times last winter smokin some meat. BBQ RIBS :D for a white boy whooooooooohooo
i can cook up some ribs :mrgreen:

we don't have many mom and pops around here that do ribs. got some cats that do it here and there with a fair booth set up.
their sauce has a strong vinegar taste. ill just make my own :mrgreen:

This is making me hungry and depressed. I ate lunch and I see no BBQ in my immediate future.

Rat Rod said:
Of course...you watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives enough and you'll see some killer BBQ places in the weirdest locations.
He was just in Boise this last week filming at 7 or so 'Dives'. It will be interesting to see which ones make the cut.

I cook my own, I havent found any "restaurant" BBQ thats better than what I can make at home, so I do it myself.

I do Pork spare ribs and baby backs, pork butt, beef brisket. Plus a few side dishes like baked beans, atomic buffalo turds, smoked cabbage, etc. So far Ive got the Ribs and pork butt mastered, still working on perfecting the brisket, but mistakes are still tasty!

I make all my own rubs and sauces which is not hard to do, but takes a while till you find just the right mix.

I smoke everything using an Oklahome Joe smoker that I inherited from a friend of the family.

So .... yeah I guess you can say Im a BBQ lover!

Im fixin to smoke up 9 more racks of spares this weekend, maybe Ill snap a pic or two for you to drool on.

I can vouch for Ratfink1962's pulled pork.

I was really into BBQing myself for a while. Only cooked a couple times last year from what I recall though. Done all the usual stuff. Also bbq'd fruit and catfish. I really like my own ribs and chicken.
An old photo. Usually the thing would be packed full.
bbq2.jpg

BBQ signs I made for around the house.
0pic011.jpg

shed2.jpg

My favorite three BBQ places in KC are Gates for the ribs, Arthur Bryants for the beef, and Martin City Smokestack for the pulled pork.

ok in my travels throughout the country here's my list of fave places..

Houston, Texas

Goode Company Barbeque- on Kirby so delicious........

Memphis, Tennessee

The Rondevous - There dry rub ribs make me wanna die of glutony

New York City

Daisy Mae's BBQ on 49th and 11th by the Intrepid- When I drive home from NYC for work and I've had an uber crappy day I stop there get a sandwich and a red velvet cupcake and life is good.

I eat at all the "good" bbq places I hear of but people are usually off their rocker.......

Back