Better late then never

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was lucky enough to get my hands on this bike.

I planned to change a couple of things so figure I might as well document it and have a little fun. I’m a huge fan of Felt cruisers. They are spec’d very well and ride great. Here’s the problem, while it is a 29er the cockpit feels a little cramped and for what a plan to do on it needs a couple of more gears, I want a pub crawl machine so here’s the plan. This is going to be a very mild build as do not want to take away what this bike is. I plan to add a little cockpit room, a 3spd hub and maybe a drum brake up front….and whatever else a can come up with. I give you The New Belgium Crawler

Ooo nice start...Get TA Buildin'!! Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool starting point, be nice to see how you progress with it. One question though, it's a 29er and looks in good scale I.e. Not all wheels like most 29ers. If it feels a little cramped, are you like 7 foot tall? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a Felt New Belgium Brewery Fat Tire Bike. Every year New belgium has a limited run of bikes produced. In recent years they have been Felts. I'm 6'2", the bars are a little lower then I would like and i want to push the stem out a little.

Back