bicycle wall mount

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little home made bicycle wall mount over the weekend. I mounted my schwinidan cause it looks so cool on display. It is also easy to remove and ride.

wall-mount-2.jpg

Well we just moved into the new place, and I got a room all to myself. Which I made of coarse the bike/hobby room. As you can see I haven't managed to get one into the living room yet, but I am trying. haha!

It is really simple. I made sure I mounted the shelf in studs in the wall or used good wall anchors. The bike is about 40 lbs. As you can see I have it lean over to clear the bars, and pushed the tires aginst the wall.
It is held by a bungee I bought at home depot, and cut it down to a short length. You have to cut it pretty short cause it will stretch a bit. I just hooked one side of the bungee to the frame and the other side I made sure I found a stud in the wall and used drywall screws. It is really quite stable, I was surprised when it was done. And 40 lbs is nothing for a bungee to hold. I think it looks better then a lot of other wall mounts that are out there.

So the bungee is hooked to the frame (looks like behind the tank) on one end. The other is hooked to a screw of sorts that's in a stud?

yep Korporal that is correct! pretty easy

Back