**BIG 52**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
NO it'z not my age :? it'z my feeedback ! , Just wonderin how many members actually take into consideration ,members feed back when selling or making a purchase on the Swap Meet Thread ?
seems to be the second thing i look at besides wats up for sale ofcourse .

Ralph

I definitely look at it along with # of posts/member since, just as I look at the number of items sold and % Positive feedback on eBay.

I try to submit feedback on every transaction I do here.

Cheers,
Dr. T

I pay attention to feedback. I've also left feedback with every exchange (all positive so far!), though I can't say that the other party always leaves feedback.

I don't check the write ups, really, unless there's a negative, which is rare.

deven_science said:
I pay attention to feedback. I've also left feedback with every exchange (all positive so far!), though I can't say that the other party always leaves feedback.

+ 1 I've noticed that also sometimes the other party dos'nt always leave feedback ! :roll:

I was going to start a post just like this.I ALWAYS leave feedback. It helps someone feel better about buying/selling to someone.I have had numerous deals here were the other party has not left feedback in return. Its very frustrating.
-Kreep-

I try to always leave feedback (unless I forget). There have been a couple of times, though, that I've bought parts from the same seller on a few occasions, and since that individual didn't previously leave me feedback, I have not going forward. I would go in and add it, however, if they decided to.

I think the feedback is important, but I think we're maybe too nice on here, as the tenth "worst" feedback has 0 negatives or positives, and one neutral. The guy that they banned from the site, FOREVER, because he was so shady? He'd got a 0/0/2.

I try to leave feedback every time, and I have so far. And, I try to be understanding, b/c I realize that most of us on RRB are real ppl who have actual jobs. I personally have run into trouble, shipping kind of slow b/c I can't get to the PO before it closes sometimes, due to work. Thankfully, even the ppl who had to wait a few extra days have been nice and given me all positives so far...

I think it's awesome that everyone here is so understanding, and it's definitely benefited me, I think. But, if the banned-for-life dude has only 2 negatives, maybe we're not being diligent enough?

Just my $.02.

-rob

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
deven_science said:

+ 1 I've noticed that also sometimes the other party dos'nt always leave feedback ! :roll:
I've also had some unreturned , on seemingly fine deals :roll:

ohyah for the first time i recently had a member ask me to leave feedback more than once :? that kinda struck me as strange ? maybe it was just me or ?

glad to know it's not just me. i am new here and i love the feedback feature. it helps with my nervousness being the newbie. i have no problem sending payment as i have only ever been burned once from a forum related transaction and that was many moons ago on another "truck related" forum. i have left and received feedback on two of the three transactions i have done here. still waiting on feedback from my last one though.
what is a justified amount of time before pm'ing someone about unleft feedback? i don't want to seem like a pest, but would like to have feedback left for me since i left it for them immediately after i got the stuff i ordered.

ezernut9mm said:
what is a justified amount of time before pm'ing someone about unleft feedback? i don't want to seem like a pest, but would like to have feedback left for me since i left it for them immediately after i got the stuff i ordered.

Personally, I've been trying to leave feedback in a timely manner; as soon as I receive payment on paypal, or as soon as i can after receiving an item. (Been lazy in the past, which is tough b/cI gotta go thru the user's feedback to see if i'd already left feedback or not...)

Ezernut, I think you could ask for feedback politely at any time. some ppl might not know about the feature, or that it even matters to you (or anyone else). Just give 'em a heads up, like "Could you leave me some feedback on that widget I sold you? I'm trying to get my score up" or something like that. As opposed to "you're late on my feedback, loser." :shock: :)

I always look at it, especially for someone with less that 100 posts. I have even contacted the people who have given there feed back to find out what was sold etc...

Bicycle808 said:
ezernut9mm said:

Personally, I've been trying to leave feedback in a timely manner; as soon as I receive payment on paypal, or as soon as i can after receiving an item. (Been lazy in the past, which is tough b/cI gotta go thru the user's feedback to see if i'd already left feedback or not...)

Ezernut, I think you could ask for feedback politely at any time. some ppl might not know about the feature, or that it even matters to you (or anyone else). Just give 'em a heads up, like "Could you leave me some feedback on that widget I sold you? I'm trying to get my score up" or something like that. As opposed to "you're late on my feedback, loser." :shock: :)

if someone dos'nt want to leave me feed back i dont bother askin, that's just me :?

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
if someone dos'nt want to leave me feed back i dont bother askin, that's just me :?

Yeah, but you got more/better feedback than I do. 8) I'm trying to build my rep a bit, although tbh, I haven't asked anyone yet (b/c almost everyone did it after I did theirs...) I've been waiting til everything's done; payment received, item received. That way, I can leave thorough/accurate feedback, and they'll get the "new feedback" pm from RRB at a time when they can safely leave feedback for me...serves as a helpful reminder.

I gotta say, with very few minor exceptions, this site seems to be populated mostly with friendly, reasonable folks. I'm thankful for that, but I'm also glad there's a system in place to help us weed the duds out.

-rob

Back