Big Daddy"Rat Fink"Scooter New taillight Advertising RRB!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth" Gettin a 80cc Motor

Im getting anxious too! This is so awesome!!!

Well since Im waiting for my sprocket to get here I ordered a expansion chamber Its the only way to run a 2 stroke and they look and sound cool! This one is closer so I hope they show up at the same time. 8) :mrgreen:
scootermuffler.jpg

My sprocket came in now i can lay it all out and get going! I hope the exhaust comes today if so I can probably get it on the road this weekend! 8) :mrgreen:

I got some work done today! I trimmed down the tank,cut and moved the petcock from the rear to the front,and patched the hole where cut it out. I think it looks a lot better this way. I put the sprocket on the wheel and im changing the motor mounts so it all jives together.The pipe came in and Im going to cut and reweld the flange so I can clock it where I want it,They come ran close to the motor for crank clearence but I want to run it out side the deck so ill cut it and make it work. 8) :mrgreen:
scootertank.jpg
scootertank2.jpg
scootermotor7.jpg
scootermotor6.jpg

I welded up the motor mounts so I think im done for today! 8) :mrgreen:
scootermounts5.jpg
scootermounts6.jpg
scootermounts7.jpg

I made a exhaust manifold so I can clock the expansion chamber where I want it,I think it should work allright....
scootermotor8.jpg
scootermotor9.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:
You keep gettin´cooler and cooler man... :shock:

Getting closer,I ran my cables and wires and finished the motor mount! 8) :mrgreen:
scootermotor10.jpg

Wow now that's doing it right. If it's not already running, you are going to be stoked when you ride it the first time.

Well I got everything mounted and ready for its maiden voyage and FAILURE!!!! MY gas tank leaks like crazy and when I popped the clutch and it came to life it folded my motor mount :oops: :roll: So back to the drawing board,gotta weld or braze the tank and build a thicker motor mount!!!My dad always said failure is worth it if you can learn from it!

I should have got some pics of the damage but I was irritated so I just tore it apart and fixed it.I made it like a I beam and test ran it without a tank and it runs good!!!Now Ill take it apart and clean and paint it while I wait for the new tank...
scootermotor11.jpg
scootermotor12.jpg

Looking great! One question thou, how will you prevent the ugly leg burns? :mrgreen:

Gdcast said:
Looking great! One question thou, how will you prevent the ugly leg burns? :mrgreen:

I think its long enough there should be no leg burns I hope! 8) :mrgreen:

This after noon I figured I would get a little body work done....Since the fenders got dented and need a repaint I thought I would go ahead and add 8" to the front fender,make it match the rear ya know...I should have done this the first time!
scooterfendercut2.jpg
scooterfendercut3.jpg

I finished up the metal work on the fenders after work today ,I think the front looks right now its extended 8". 8) :mrgreen:
scooterfendercut4.jpg
scooterfendercut5.jpg

I like them silver! :mrgreen:
Dunno if that tailpipe gets too hot, but I would wrap it just in case your kids get close to it (I know you´re a big tough man who dosent get burns :roll: :wink: )

i had a scooter that had 26 inch wheels and it was bad( not as much as yours of course ) but i regret selling it now :cry: :cry: :cry: but your is kick ash :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:

Thanks Fellas ,I like the fenders raw also.I got another rear one so I might stretch the rear to a tail dragger,or longer anyways.I will probably paint them the same green and black out the motor with ceramic black.My tank came in today and I put on a fitting decal !Now I just need time to finish all the loose ends..
scootertank3.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth" 80cc Almost Done

Tail dragger it is O.K. so I went ahead and added 20" to the rear fender :) I figured I might as well just do it now and im stoked it looks good!!! 8) :mrgreen:
scooterfendercut6.jpg
scooterfendercut7.jpg

Back