BIG FAT tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dragnusa said:
Just had to share them, Id never get them besides wide rims youd need a custom wide frame for them too.

You can catch some decent deals here in MN on Minneapolis Craigslist from time to time. Those fat tire bikes are popular in the winter around here. Some day I would like to have one.

Especially considering you'll basically have to build a bike around them, wide tubes, wide rims, wide frame, probably a wider crank too.

Uncle Stretch said:
Amazon has the ORIGIN8 DEVIST8ER 26x4 on for $35 free shipping. Good deal for a big tire.

Good deal. Reviews seem to like the price but dislike the weight.

Fat bikes are great for their purpose and very diverse. I have one and also laced up a set of 29er wheels for the warmer seasons. they do run everything fat specific though...100mm wide BB, salsa runs 170mm rear hub and surly has offset chain/seat stays to make up for the width, both run 135 front hubs, also super wide rims up to 100mm!

The sun fat bikes are cool for someone that just wants huge tires but for actual fat biking salsa and surly blow em out of the water...but the suns sure are fun still. I've gotten to ride a few and decided on the salsa since I like having a equally dished wheels and it made lacing up 29ers much much easier

Back