bike cruise Indian rock beach FL.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found this on Tampa Bay Craig's list and thought it sounded cool and i will riding out there this to see what going on check it out if your local...

Gulf Kruisers of West Florida "Indian Rocks Beach Kruise"
August 20,2011,Meet at 9 am,start rolling at 9:30 am.
We will meet at Indian Rocks Beach Bicycle shop which is on the NE the corner of Gulf Blvd, and CR 688. The address is 501 Gulf Blvd. We will ride south from there along Gulf Blvd to the Reddington Beach Access parking lot. From there we will determine how we are feeling and decide if we want to "kruise" further or to turn around and head back. Noticed there are a few Ice cream places and some Bars and Grills we can stop at and enjoy some refreshments. We will be riding in a nice bike lane for most of the ride till we pass Park Blvd. From there to Reddington beach there is not a bike lane,but traffic does move slowly,and I noticed other bikers there riding with little issues. This just might be the largest cruiser style bike ride ever in the Greater Tampa Bay Area. Contact us thru Gulf Kruisers Facebook page or by e-mail at [email protected]

Sounds pretty legit any one i this area ever heard of this??

I am over on the other side of the bay in Tampa. Never heard of the ride but since it is on my birthday I am going to try and bee there. Hope to see you there.

g-ratter said:
I am over on the other side of the bay in Tampa. Never heard of the ride but since it is on my birthday I am going to try and bee there. Hope to see you there.

im gonna try to make it i got a few things to buttons up on my wife's bike them my monster gets redone so yea i got a dead line of 08/20/11 so hope we do run into each other sounds like its gonna be a nice time....oh and yes i will post a build thread all for all 4 bikes im working on....

Im thinking i will try to make it also.only about 20 minutes away.I also want to put something together here in my town.More of an afternoon/evening pub crawl though.I have a lot of other riders in the club that ride daily so i think we could have a good turn out of rats and vintage stuff.If either of you guys want to get up before the ride and check out my shop for parts or bikes feel free.I have hundreds of bikes and thousands of parts.
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Im thinking i will try to make it also.only about 20 minutes away.I also want to put something together here in my town.More of an afternoon/evening pub crawl though.I have a lot of other riders in the club that ride daily so i think we could have a good turn out of rats and vintage stuff.If either of you guys want to get up before the ride and check out my shop for parts or bikes feel free.I have hundreds of bikes and thousands of parts.
-Kreep-

sounds like a plane...post an address for the shop... ill swing by if i can only a 20 minutes ride dont sound like a bad trip being im driving 2 1/2 hours to get there... and that pub crawl sound real nice too :wink: ...

yea its still on.. i'm not be able to make it my sons season opening foot ball game is tomorrow so im not going to make plus i couldent get a 4 bike rack in time ...if you go take and post pics...pls.....
Have a a good one to those that are going...oh and happy born day g-ratter

Here are some photos from the ride.
PICT9561.jpg

PICT9566.jpg

PICT9568.jpg

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/g-ratter/kruise/PICT9572.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/g-ratter/kruise/PICT9583.jpg
PICT9586.jpg

PICT9587.jpg

PICT9608.jpg

PICT9611.jpg

PICT9616.jpg

PICT9617.jpg

056.jpg

wow.. looks like i missed out on a nice a ride a meeting a great bunch of cruisers.... i guess i got to keep my eye open for the next CL blast....
Thanks for the pics

It was the first time I have ever done one. Every one was real nice and Dano the organizer was great and very enthusiastic about cruising.
Here is an email I received concerning the next one. I will miss it because I am scheduled to be out of town then.

Sunday,Sept. 18,2011,Meet at 9 am,We roll at 9:30Meet at the North Jetty Parking lot in Nokomis,FloridaAhhh..Casey Key...Narrow winding road along pictureusqe Gulf of Mexico and lined with ginormous homes owned by the rich and famous.This ride is totally on the road and there are not bike lanes.But there is very little traffic and the vehicles do move slowly.Many bike riders ride here,so I feel very safe "kruising" this route. Approximate length will be 12 miles round trip. Hope to see you there!
Dano

g-ratter said:
It was the first time I have ever done one. Every one was real nice and Dano the organizer was great and very enthusiastic about cruising.
Here is an email I received concerning the next one. I will miss it because I am scheduled to be out of town then.

Sunday,Sept. 18,2011,Meet at 9 am,We roll at 9:30Meet at the North Jetty Parking lot in Nokomis,FloridaAhhh..Casey Key...Narrow winding road along pictureusqe Gulf of Mexico and lined with ginormous homes owned by the rich and famous.This ride is totally on the road and there are not bike lanes.But there is very little traffic and the vehicles do move slowly.Many bike riders ride here,so I feel very safe "kruising" this route. Approximate length will be 12 miles round trip. Hope to see you there!
Dano
got it i will mark the calender...thanks

Back