Bike Rack Newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what brand of rack this is and how good it might work? Been wanting a hitch rack and for 20 bucks this looks to be a good deal. Seller said rack is perfect shape and holds 2 bikes. I just cant figure out from the pic how it works.

Guy is holding it for me to pickup this wknd.

1079402df96f5705513fe43a2f2287ed.jpg

28804e66bc3c8ec2180ec9812028df81.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The plates slide off the orange ends then the top bars hinge up. Put the bikes on push the bars back down and place those plates back over the orange ends.....my theory.

Not sure I follow but ok. Was hopeing to put a name on it so I could do some research.

The upper pair of bars hinge up so the bikes can slide between them.

Looks like that is requires a 2" receiver hitch on your vehicle. If you have to buy an adapter to 1 1/4", then it could kill a good deal.

He said it was a 2 inch. I have an adaptor. All I want to do is carry a couple of cruisers. Are there cradles or something to hold the bikes seperated? I cant see it good in the pic. Oh yeah gonna be hauling girls bikes. Any issues with that?

Hopefully I can mount my bikes without trouble. Try before I buy.

I would be more worried about security. Can you secure your bikes on this rack to prevent them from growing feet while they are all alone in a parking lot?

Its not lockable but thats really not an issue as far as my buying decision goes.

Why is my username coming up 2 different ways all of a sudden?? This Tapatalk stuff is so stupid. I hate having to use it.

Well I got it and this thing is super heavy duty. You could haul a motorcycle with it. The topmportion lifts off by unscrewing a hand bolt. Bike frame sandwiches between 2 heavy rubber coated rollers. Its not wide or long probably best for a single bike. I am very impressed.

Back