Bikes With Motors!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sound's sweet Ratafied! Was it much quieter with the stock pipe? Curious because a winter project I'm gonna work on is putting an 80cc motor on something to ride to work in the spring.
L8 EM

has anyone here put a motor on a trike? links?

im building a bike with a motor but chose to do away with the peddles.I'm going old school with it and making it crank start As in cranking it over like an old car.i'm putting the fold out crank into the bottom bracket.Ive made my own tank and making custom exhaust for it as well.
l_ddb5d778671b4804a6c9519c68337bd8.jpg

so far so good

those bikes look cool and got me interested. saddly in california, or at least siskiyou county, and bicycle with a moter displacement of over 49cc requires dmv registration, a motercycle drivers license and probably insurense. not sure about the insurense, but this is cali.

Same with Orygun! But the 80cc motor I'm looking to buy look's just like the smaller one's! :wink:
L8 EM

Ace said:
sean138 said:

This has to be the shortest bike I have seen here so far, it's a small miracle you fitted an engine in there :shock: but I'm loving it !

Thanks for the kind words. It's got 26 inch wheels. Seems like it is small from nose to tail.

The 49cc thing seems common in most states. The motor on mine is 49cc, 1.5 hp. According to my speedo and GPS it does about 20mph. Makes my drive to work about 5 minutes longer than in the car. Trips about 5 miles one way. The motor and speed keep me legal in Indiana. I do wear a Bell skateboard helmet since I put this thing together. No tellin when its gonna rattle apart.

Everyones bikes look great. Keep em commin'.

Sean

i am finally going to do a bike with an engine too but as per typical of myself it will be a totall 180. i like those little 2 stroke motors but i want more much more. :mrgreen: more info to follow soon hopefully :D

Back