Bikespeeds Urban

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd show you my bike build!

Originally this bike started out as a 70's Royal Enfield, complete with 70's livery. I brought it as I'd seen a pashley speed 5 riding round my town & once I investigated the bike, realised they didn't make a frame small enough for me. At 5'3" I'm somewhat short in the leg!

I brought the Enfield because the frame geometry would allow for 700c wheels yet it was a 19" youths frame. it was perfect for a Pashley inspired build.
PB190594.JPG

PB190595.JPG

PB290670.JPG

I rode it for about a year like this before it "developed"

PC090718.JPG

PC090725.JPG

Initially it was a "fixie" but who am I kidding, it was dangerous! so I fitted a front brake & replaced the rear flip flop hub with a coaster brake single speed hub & me and the Enfield became one!

Move on a year & a Racycle appeared on Ebay with a 100 tooth front chain ring, This I wanted! (just like the pashley! some people have no imagination of their own!)
I found an 80T front ring & modified a 28T old school BMX chain ring to become the new rear sprocket to make the gearing usable round town. During this phase I also started a little bike repair business & someone had given me a trade bike & in the front basket was a brand new heavy duty chain, it fitted the look & feel of my conversion perfectly so I used this as it was long enough too!

PC050049.JPG

PC070052.JPG

PC070053.JPG

I engraved some plastic for the pedals with my new business name "bikespeeds" as I wanted this to be a show piece to help promote the shop, so I might stand out from the crowded local market & then also set about making some "kellybar" inspired handlebars. During this stage I found this site, and was inspired to use spanners for the centre section
PC090065.JPG

20160116_144738.jpg

20160117_134823.jpg

Another bit of engraving to the centre washer set them off nicely.

P3220095.JPG

So this is where is stands today. its certainly an attention seeker!

favorite1.JPG

favorite2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back