Black Ape Hangers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine on the bike I have at work.
nbodjr.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
I might add that the ones I posted I painted over chrome. I know you can purchase the Dyno style apes already painted.
I have a set of bars with the chrome rusted through in a couple of spots, and thought I would just paint them. Did you paint the stem also? If so, while the bars were attached or painted separate?

dleves14 said:
aka_locojoe said:
I might add that the ones I posted I painted over chrome. I know you can purchase the Dyno style apes already painted.
I have a set of bars with the chrome rusted through in a couple of spots, and thought I would just paint them. Did you paint the stem also? If so, while the bars were attached or painted separate?

If your planning on painting over the chrome, I'd paint the bars and stem together 'cause you'll surely scratch the bars otherwise!
I've got some black apes on my Dyno but I can't post pics from work, you can see pics here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/45361363@N ... 224605106/ (or look under 'davescoolstuff').

These were chromed, just paint them. Paint the center of the bars, let dry and paint the bar and stem together, to prevent the rust that might happen on the bars from leaching out on the new paint.
S5003122.jpg

Back