Blue dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the vision so far, but it could be anything as far as frames go, the anticipation is killing me ;)

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Sealed bottom bracket conversion

image.jpeg

No cheap parts yet. :thumbsup: It just might "haul around" like you say after all. Pull back the curtain to reveal the frame/fork........prewar?:39::nod:

Sounds like an real old frame with real cool new parts. Quickly becoming one of my favorite combinations....Ready to ride by next Sunday...?
*nudge - nudge - wink - wink*

Sounds like an real old frame with real cool new parts. Quickly becoming one of my favorite combinations....Ready to ride by next Sunday...?
*nudge - nudge - wink - wink*

Haha I wish. But na it will be a couple more weeks

Haha I wish. But na it will be a couple more weeks
I'm hoping my rear wheel comes in early this week, then I should be able to ride Desert Rat on the 15th. Won't be finished possibly, but certainly ride able.

I'm hoping my rear wheel comes in early this week, then I should be able to ride Desert Rat on the 15th. Won't be finished possibly, but certainly ride able.

Sweet! Once my frame comes in it will need alittle love so it will be sent to my welder buddy

That fork looks like one I've been eyeballing on the bay. Who makes it, and how's the quality?
From what I've seen as far a 1inch 26inch bmx style, threaded straight fork. They are all the same. Sunlite imported crap. Quality Wise I don't think its great, definitely going to be the cheapest thing on my bike. But realistically it should be good enough for my bike. I'm not planning to take the thing off jumps.

Is the fork threaded? Stem is threadless, hard to tell if fork is threaded or not in the pic. Are you planning on using a threadless quill adaptor or just clamping the stem to the threaded steerer if it is?

Is the fork threaded? Stem is threadless, hard to tell if fork is threaded or not in the pic. Are you planning on using a threadless quill adaptor or just clamping the stem to the threaded steerer if it is?

Yes sir it is threaded and yeah I did pick up one of those stem adapters. But for some reason it doesn't fit in the steer tube of the fork nor does the stem fit on the larger part. So I need to take some measurements and see what's up. I saw that there is a 22.2mm one and also a 21.

The 21.1 and 22.2 are the id of the fork you are using, need the adaptor for whichever the fork is, and you said the stem doesnt fit the adaptor? Is it larger than the adaptor? Looks like a 1-1/8" stem, they do make shims to step the 1-1/8" stems to a 1" steerer, but then you are running so many adaptors and shims it might look funny!

The 21.1 and 22.2 are the id of the fork you are using, need the adaptor for whichever the fork is, and you said the stem doesnt fit the adaptor? Is it larger than the adaptor? Looks like a 1-1/8" stem, they do make shims to step the 1-1/8" stems to a 1" steerer, but then you are running so many adaptors and shims it might look funny!

So I figured that out today. Haha. So I have the 22.2 and I needed the 21.1. Bummer! And then I also figured out that the stem I picked up is for a 1 threadless fork. Bummer! Haha. So I need to probably pick up the correct adapter and a new stem. Or use the first stem I had. Thanks for the help

So I figured that out today. Haha. So I have the 22.2 and I needed the 21.1. Bummer! And then I also figured out that the stem I picked up is for a 1 threadless fork. Bummer! Haha. So I need to probably pick up the correct adapter and a new stem. Or use the first stem I had. Thanks for the help
I wonder if you can get a 21.1 to 1" threadless adapter?

Back