bmx rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
every time i go to the skate park we frequent i wish i had a bike, so i built one! took a while to collect enough free parts, but i got it finally! this is a mosh frame and think thats the fork that was on it when i traded for it. it was a gravity bike for a while. the seat post is held in with liquid nail so it works fine since i put the seat so far down to keep it from hittin me in the ...ahem...goodies when i jump or ride walls. the wedge in that fork is stuck in the fork tube and i cant get it out, so that frame, fork, and stem are not really usable for much else that this! i put a reflector mount bracket on the front so that i can find a cool skull or something to stick on it. i prefer smaller chain rings at the parks cuz im not very good so if my feet leave the pedals its easier to find 'em again if theyre close together! im dont remember exactly but i think the stem is mongoose, and i think both the wheels are mongoose too. i put a sprung seat on cuz im old and fat, i dont like crack wedges and at the park ya end up sittin on it alot so it might as well be comfy! it has center pull brakes which i like better than cantilever or Ubrakes. the rear dropouts have space for a washer, i had to file some washers a tad to make em fit but they hold the rear axl in place vertically, a nice feature. the pegs are threaded and short. i did buy the pedals and grips - everything else was free or a trade.
bmxrat113.jpg

bmxrat123.jpg

Gotta love those all chrome bmx frames considering how little chromed parts on all new bikes today.

Back