Board racer to classic?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most of you guys have seen this bike a lot but I think we've decided that the board racer look, of this particular bike, is old and tired. I think it's going to be converted to a standard classic look. Started by changing the bars and adding the light. Probably will eventually add fenders and bags etc...

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Hey that's cool! I wouldn't change a thing... but I'm sure the changes will look nice.

Do you have a thread showing the build? I'd really like to see how you made that tank! Your work is awesome! :mrgreen:

Although the bike looked good before, I like the changes you're planning to do! I think it'll come out great! The only thing that might look a little off, in my opinion, is the forks. I'd like some curved older looking ones, same colour as the rest of the bike. Just my personal taste I guess. :) It'll be fun to see what you come up with!

Galtbacken said:
Although the bike looked good before, I like the changes you're planning to do! I think it'll come out great! The only thing that might look a little off, in my opinion, is the forks. I'd like some curved older looking ones, same colour as the rest of the bike. Just my personal taste I guess. :) It'll be fun to see what you come up with!

I agree totally. This will probably be a very slow transition due to the fact that my painter partner is the one funding it and doing most of the work. We're going to try and make the conversion a "bolt on" so it can be changed back to a race bike if we so choose. BTW, the handlebars are from Electra and I think they sell for about $25.

Here is a link to the photobucket page that has some pictures of the tank being built. http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ ... r%20stuff/
As you can see, the tank was made out of one big piece of sheet metal. I put splash plates in and when I was finished, I sealed it with Kreem tank sealer. It may get the little tool box you see mocked up in the picture too.

[/quote] Here is a link to the photobucket page that has some pictures of the tank being built. http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ ... r%20stuff/
As you can see, the tank was made out of one big piece of sheet metal. I put splash plates in and when I was finished, I sealed it with Kreem tank sealer. It may get the little tool box you see mocked up in the picture too.[/quote]

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back